Billy-Goat’s Christmas Event Will Offer a Rich Programme and Traditionally the Best Christmas Bread in the Popovice Region
4 December 2013
Velké Popovice, December 3, 2013 – Velké Popovice brewery together with Kozlovna pub is organising Billy-Goat’s Christmas on December 8. The well known afternoon programme includes the popular competition for the best Christmas bread of the Velké Popovice region, a brewery tour enriched by the tasting of unfiltered beer, and visitors may look forward to making Velké Popovice Nativity Scenes and hearing Christmas carols sung by kids from the Elementary Music School in Velké Popovice.
The third year of the popular event called Billy-Goat’s Christmas will offer a rich Christmas programme in Velké Popovice brewery and the local restaurant Velkopopovická Kozlovna on December 8, 2013. This year as well, all interested participants may compete for the title of Best Christmas Bread of the Velké Popovice Region. To take part in the contest one must bring hand-made Christmas bread to the local pub Kozlovna on the December 8 between 9 a.m. and noon. The winner will get valuable prizes and his/her recipe will be published in Velké Popovice Newsletter and on www.pivovar.kozel.cz
“The decision about the best looking and mainly best tasting Christmas bread is traditionally in the hands of visitors to the event. Everyone who comes to Velkopopovická Kozlovna will get three chips that they can use to award their favourites. The announcement of the three best breads will take place at 4 p.m. in Kozlovna pub. Three lucky winners will get 24 bottles of Velkopopovický Kozel beer, according to their own taste, and a voucher to Velkopopovická Kozlovna. The absolute winner of the competition will also receive a gift basket from the Billy-Goat’s Gift Shop. For their efforts, all participants will receive a stylish Billy-Goat’s half-litre stein as a souvenir and one of the voters will be chosen to receive a set of the original Billy-Goat’s half-litres,” said Eva Kršňáková of the Velké Popovice brewery, describing the attractive event.
Christmas tours of Velké Popovice brewery, enriched by Christmas storytelling, will start during the afternoon portion of the event and will take place every hour on the hour from noon to 3 p.m. They will be presented in an entertaining way from past history to the present, and will feature a brewery rarity – the live mascot billy-goat Olda. Adult visitors will taste unfiltered Kozel in historic cellars and all visitors on the Popovice tour will take home a little gift.
At 3 p.m., a true Christmas atmosphere will be created with Christmas carols sung by kids from the Elementary Music School Velké Popovice. A traditional part of Billy-Goat’s Christmas is the making of the Velké Popovice Nativity Scene in Kozlovna pub. All visitors may join in from noon to 4 p.m. The collectively created work will adorn the Visitors Centre of the brewery during the Christmas holiday. For fans of Velkopopovický Kozel beer, Billy-Goat’s Gift Shop will offer a new winter collection and special Christmas packages. Novelties include pullovers, winter hats, and Billy-Goat’s Christmas spread with a new kitchen set, among others. All purchases of 300 - CZK and more (about 15.00 USD) will get you a gift.
The time of Advent does not only include Billy-Goat’s Christmas on December 8, but also Billy-Goat’s Party. There are three types of events prepared for you, your family and friends at the Velké Popovice brewery: for 150 - CZK (about 7.50 USD) you will get a two-hour tour of the brewery, including a lesson on beer draughting with a brewery expert, a nice time in Velkopopovická Kozlovna, including Velkopopovický Kozel 11°, and snacks from the grill are available for 290 - CZK (about 19.00 USD). A combination of the two can be purchased for 540 - CZK (about 270.00 USD). For more information visit the brewery’s website www.pivovar.kozel.cz. Requests and orders can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or placed by calling +420 323 683 425.
Note for editors:
- The first batch of beer was brewed in Velké Popovice brewery on December 15, 1874, and just one year later, 18 000 hl of beer were brewed and sold. Only few years later, the brewery became the third biggest brewery in the country. They were famous especially for their dark, heavy beer.
- Velkopopovický Kozel brand is irreplaceable on today's beer market. It is a brand with the most dynamic rise on Czech as well as foreign markets. Velkopopovický Kozel Dark is the leader among dark beer brands on Czech beer market, and the bestselling Czech beer abroad.
- Velké Popovice brewery is a part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Company since 1999.
- There is a restaurant “Velkopopovická Kozlovna” right in the brewery area. The restaurant offers Czech cuisine and a wide assortment of tap beer – especially exceptional 11 degree Velkopopovický Kozel Medium tapped directly from the brewery tanks.
- Visits of the brewer are supported by a number of cultural events that take place there every year. The most important is The Day of Kozel taking place every June.
- With its total sale of 9,9 millions of hectoliters during the calendar year of 2012 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 60 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the prominent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller’s brand group include 200 beer brands such as world renown Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft (draught), Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft and Grolsch, as well as local brands such as Aguila (Columbia), Castle (South Africa), Miller Lite (USA), Snow (China), Victoria Bitter (Australia), and Tyskie (Poland).
Press contact of Plzeňský Prazdroj Comp. Kateřina Krásová is available to media at:
Mobile: +420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on December 3rd, 2013.