On Sunday, the Brewery Offers Masters Coopers and Free Tours (Translation)
29 April 2011
Nošovice, April 28, 2011 - On Sunday May, 1st, the beer-brewing company Radegast will open its gates for the fourteenth time. The traditional Open Door Day offers not only free tours of the brewery but also a close encounter with a craft that for many decades belonged to the beer-brewing profession but nowadays is more or less extinct, the cooperage. The coopers of Plzeň Prazdroj are the only remaining ones passing down their art and knowledge of the beer vats from generation to generation. They will display their art to Radegast visitors as part of Open Door Day. People will be able to try to put together a historic oak cask. Tours of the brewery will begin in the Visitors' Centre that has been available to tourists since last September. The Sunday Open Door Day programme is free admission.
The first group will take off from the Visitors' Centre and participate in a 90-minute tour of the brewery at 8:00 a.m. The last tour starts when the clock hits the mark of 4:00 p.m. Next to many other attractive artefacts, a unique collection of beer glasses and a sculpture of the god Radegast will be on display.
"This year's Open Door Day will be very different from the preceding ones thanks to the new Visitors' Centre and the presence of the master coopers. Therefore I would very much like to invite even those visitors who've already come to see us in the past," said Ivo Kaňák, manager of Radegast.
Open Door Day is always very popular among visitors. Through its history, 6,500 people have come to take part in its events. For that reason, it is useful to reserve a tour time in advance at 558 602 566 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
On May 1st, entrance to the brewery is free.
Notes of editors:
- The beer-brewing company Radegast, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been producing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, the Radegast brewery has been part of the biggest group of beer-brewing companies in the Czech Republic, Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- With about 250 employees, Radegast produces more than 2 million hl. of beer a year.
- The brewery produces "classic Czech lager" beer and is also a producer of its own quality malt, made in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery produced its ten millionth beer.
- With total sales of nearly ten million hectolitres in the 2010 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is the foremost beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller plc. The Pilsner Urquell brand is the international flagship of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the world's biggest beer-brewing companies, with beer brewing and beer distribution activities in more than 60 countries around the world and across six continents. SABMiller's brands include important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and nearly 200 successful regional and national brands.
Contact: Jiří Mareček
Phone: +420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [28/04/2011].