Fans from Orlová can expect 40 beers on Saturday (Translation)
20 December 2010
Orlová, December 17, 2010 - Fans who arrive early to Wednesday's match of the Orlová team against the team from Uničov can look forward to a really "bitter" reward because the first 40 fans will receive Radegast beer for free. At the beginning of November, Radegast promised that it would give its fans 40 beers for each match in which players from the Orlová team made at least 40 shots at the opponent's goalie. This was to mark the 40th anniversary celebration of its founding, which the brewery celebrated on December 3rd. On this day the challenge was over as players from Orlová fulfilled the difficult task in one of their games.
"Radegast Supports Moravian Hockey and this year is also celebrating its anniversary. That is why we agreed to go ahead with this untraditional challenge. I hope that this way fans of the beer will have fun and will also celebrate the brewery's anniversary," said the Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
The players from Orlová heard the challenge and in one game they won 40 beers for their fans, thanks to their shots. "To shoot 40 shots and more at the opponent's goalie in a game is very difficult and can't always be done. We are happy that we won our fans 40 Radegast beers with our efforts and at the same time, I believe that they will push us forward in our upcoming games," said the forward from the Orlová team, Marek Ivan.
The beers will be prepared for the first 40 fans by the "C" entrance to the arena in Orlová on Saturday an hour before the game at 4 pm.
Notes to editors:
• The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
• Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
• Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
• It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
• In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
• Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and exports to more than 50 countries around the world, ranks with the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
• Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres around Czech Republic.
• Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist. Note: This news release was first published in its local market on 17/12/2010.