Beer Brewing Museum Will Be Filled with the Sweet Scent of the Most Beautiful Gingerbreads
25 November 2013
Plzeň, November 22, 2013 – A traditional contest for the most beautiful Christmas gingerbread is entering its 10th year. From November 23 to noon on December 17, interested participants may submit their creations to the competition and thus compete for interesting prizes. To commemorate the jubilee 10th year of this popular competition, traditional categories are now expanded by one more – “beer theme.”
“A pleasant Christmas atmosphere following the creative workshops in the museum will culminate with the gingerbread contest. The scent of baked gingerbreads is exactly the experience we all associate with Christmas. Moreover, it is such a pleasure to look at new, ever more and more inspiring creations that are not losing anything of their originality. We are convinced that the new category with a beer theme will make the contest even more colourful,” Vendula Hnojská, director of collections of Beer Brewing Museum in Pilsen, shared with us.
Those interested in the contest have a chance to join in four diverse categories: a traditional gingerbread cookie, a gingerbread creation, a child gingerbread cookie, and this year’s newly introduced beer-themed gingerbread cookie. The new category is an homage not only to the vicinity of the contest, as the Beer Brewing Museum is in Pilsen, but also to all creative beer motifs that participants themselves submitted to the contest during its past years. This year as well, some of the contestants may look forward to a “special prize” that the jury awards to the most exceptional submissions.
The best pieces from each category will be announced on December 17 at 5:00pm. The public will have a chance to admire the diversity of all hand decorated gingerbread creations daily from 10am to 5pm, from December 19 to December, 31 2013 in the Beer Brewing Museum.
More information about Beer Brewing Museum at: http://www.prazdrojvisit.cz/cz/pivovarske-muzeum/
Notes for editors
- Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery activities for visitors include Visitors Center (centre), Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus visitors’ tours, Beer Brewing Museum, and Plzeň Historic Underground in the center (centre) of the town.
- You can get inspired to visit by visiting www.prazdrojvisit.cz first. The website is dedicated to visitors’ tours, and to all services offered by the brewery for its visitors.
- Besides Czech, English, and German, visitors may too hear the tours narratives in French, Chinese, and Russian.
- The brewery's offer includes also the social and cultural center (centre) “Secese,” which is available for organizing (organising) various celebrations, and cultural, educational, or presentation functions.
- Beer Brewing Museum is located in the original house-with-the-rights-to-brew-beer in Veleslavínova Street, which has been preserved in an original and authentic shape. The Museum first opened in 1959 as a part of celebrations of 100th anniversary of a trade mark “Plzeňské pivo” (Pilsen beer).
- An 800 meters (metres) long tour of Plzeň Historic Underground is accessible from the building of Beer Brewing Museum. The labyrinth of pathways, cellars, and wells was being built under the Town of Plzeň since the 14th century, and it is closely connected with the history and the present of the town.
- In 2010, 226,000 visitors from all around the world visited the brewery, Beer Brewing Museum, and the Underground. The Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery itself is considered the most attractive tourist destination in Czech Republic.
- Department of Tourism and Cultural Heritage Care of Plzeňský Prazdroj is responsible for visitors tours, tourism, and the sale of souvenirs in Velké Popovice and Radegast breweries. In 2012, all touristic destinations and points of interest under the care of Plzeňský Prazdroj welcomed more than 310,000 visitors in total.
Press contact of Plzeňský Prazdroj Kateřina Krásová is available to media at:
Mobile: +420 724 617 219
Plzeňský Prazdroj in social media:
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on November 22nd, 2013.