The fans will play against stars from the Havířov Hockey Club (Translation)
30 November 2010
Havířov, November 25th, 2010 - A Radegast match in which hockey skills will be measured will start on Saturday during the breaks of the second league match between Havířov and Frýdek-Místek. Ten stars from the Havířov Hockey Club will compete against ten fans of AZ. During the first break they will compete in a face-off and during the second break a competition for the strongest shot, which will be measured by special radar, will take place.
Saturday's match between Havířov and Frýdek-Místek starts at 6 p.m. at the Havířov hockey arena. Before the match, former stars from AZ will enter the hall of fame of the Havířov Hockey Club. "I believe that fans will come to appreciate the effort by former players, who did a lot for hockey in Havířov. Thanks to Radegast, they will also see an original match between a team of stars against fans, which I am certain will be a lot of fun," said the General Manager of AZ Havířov Martin Potočný, inviting fans to the arena.
The team of fans consists of fans of the Havířov Hockey Club who were the fastest to register for it on the Radegast website. During the first break of the second league match, each fan will be in a face-off against a star. The second break will then be dedicated to a competition for the strongest shot, which will be measured by radar.
"The goal of Radegast Supports Moravian Hockey is for fans to have fun. I believe that the Radegast competition between stars and fans will be great fun for all spectators," said Pavel Kmínek, Manager of the Radegast brand.
The star team consists of: Cepek, Turek, Cienciala, Valerian, Stonavský, Kliment, Kubala, Bariš, Nebyla and Maršálek.
Notes to editors:
• The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
• Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
• Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer with the help of approximately 270 employees.
• It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
• In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
• Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is among the largest producers of beer in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
• Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres around Czech Republic.
• Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist. Note: This news release was first published in its local market on 25/11/2010.