Radegast Whirl Offers Citron and Fight for hard work (Translation)
27 May 2010
Nošovice, May 26, 2010 - On Saturday May 29th, Radegast Whirl takes control over Beskydská Ráztoka for the seventh year running. Visitors can look forward to the rock band Citron, imitator Zdeněk Izer, exciting activities, crafts shows, tough guy "Golem" Richter, and well-chilled Radegast. Radegast Whirl even includes the final fight of a competition whose winner will win three days of hard work. The winner will be rewarded with 100,000 Czech crowns for each day of work. The program starts at 1:00 pm and the admission is traditionally free.
"It is already a tradition that Radegast Whirl begins the summer in Beskydy. Wayward weather, a beautiful environment in the middle of the mountains, and a nontraditional program give the Whirl its exceptional atmosphere," said Radegast brand manager Pavel Kmínek.
Music band Citron and revivals of Kabát, Team, and Horkýže slíže will perform at this year's Radegast Whirl. Organizers didn't forget about the Radegast Adrenalin Park, which features a cock fighting ring, a climbing wall, and many other activities. There will also be traditional crafts shows and a giant slide.
The best part of the Radegast Whirl is the final fight of the "Looking For a Guy For Hard Work" competition. The winner will work for three days in order to earn 100,000 Czech crowns for each day.
The program of Radegast Whirl starts at 1:00 pm. There will be well-chilled Radegast and lots of food. Entry is free.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been making beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, the Radegast Brewery has been a part of the largest beer industry group in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, with 270 employees, it produces more than 58 million gallons of beer.
- It produces a beer called "classic Czech lager" and it is also a producer of a high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008 the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast Brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 277 million gallons of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world, is one of the leading beer producers in the Central Europe region. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in breweries in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice and even in 13 distribution centres around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group - one of the largest beer companies in the world - with beer activities or distribution in more than 60 countries in the world throughout six continents.
Phone: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [26/05/2010].