Hockey fans cheers from a pub, next to the ice (Translation)
3 March 2010
Olomouc March 2, 2010 - Nine fans of the HC Olomouc cheered from an unconventional place during the fifth game of the first league playoffs. They supported their team from a Radegast pub, which was built right next to the ice at this hockey arena. The pub will also be there for all other games, when Mora plays at home in the playoffs and anybody can win a seat there in a competition, which is taking place at all stands around the hockey arena.
"Radegast is real beer for real men and that is why it supports hockey as part of the Moravian hockey concept. I am certain that fans of the Olomouc team, who sit right by the ice, are first in the Czech Republic if not around the world to do so," said manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
The Radegast pub by the ice isn't missing anything that any good pub would have. Customers enjoy correctly chilled beer, roast pig's knee and steak tartar. Beer is served by a friendly female bartender. But instead of watching the game on TV or on a screen, customers are watching the game live, from behind the Plexiglas.
"Our goal is to attract more fans to the arena, to get the best possible atmosphere. A pub, which Radegast set up right next to the ice, is an idea that will definitely attract attention," said manager of the HC Olomouc, Helena Spurná.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sale of 10.7 million hectoliters in the calendar year of 2008 and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a.s. is the leading producer of beer in the Czech Republic and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,500 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice i breweries and in 13 distribution centers around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [02/03/2010].