We’ve launched a set of ambitious new sustainability targets as part of Prosper – the latest evolution of our approach to sustainable development, and a key element of our business strategy
These targets include commitments to support half a million small businesses, deliver world-class water efficiency, and cut our total carbon footprint. They are part of our plan to address five ‘shared imperatives’. Imperatives, because they are urgent, compelling and essential to our future success. Shared, because we don’t face these challenges alone and will only address them through sharing our local knowledge and collaborating through innovative partnerships with suppliers, customers, consumers, communities, governments, NGOs and many others.
The five shared imperatives:
- Accelerate growth and social development through the company’s value chains, with a focus on promoting entrepreneurship, particularly among women and disadvantaged groups
- Make beer a natural choice for moderate and responsible drinkers, by promoting robust standards and guidelines, launching new communications campaigns and supporting programmes to reduce the harmful use of alcohol
- Secure shared water resources for SABMiller’s business and local communities, by building a detailed understanding of water risks and creating community partnerships to manage them
- Create value by reducing our waste and carbon footprint throughout the value chain, driving down emissions from brewing, promoting sustainable packaging and prioritising low energy fridges
- Support responsible, sustainable use of land, by creating secure, sustainable supply chains and by helping farmers to increase profitability, productivity and social development