We want a sociable world where our beers are developed, marketed, sold, and consumed with high regard for individual and community wellbeing.
Our beers add to the enjoyment of life for the overwhelming majority of our consumers. Beer has a long history at the heart of social occasions and celebrations. The harm from its abuse however, can be serious for individuals, communities and society. We must boldly do our part to help tackle the problems caused by the harmful use of alcohol.
We will make beer the natural choice for the moderate and responsible drinker. Our comprehensive policies help our employees and partners to meet our demanding standards on producing our products to encourage responsible consumption. Our sound principles are backed by programmes to reduce the harmful use of alcohol.
By 2020, we will:
- Aim to reach all of our beer consumers with effective communication campaigns and partnerships to encourage moderate and responsible beer consumption
- Support responsible retail practices through industry leading levels of retailer training and engagement, targeting 340,000 small retailers in our value chain worldwide
- Encourage and support the establishment and enforcement of clear standards for beer retail in the on and off trade
- Support programmes to increase road safety awareness and enforcement, including drinking and driving, and reduce underage drinking
- Build sustainable development messages in to brand activations of three brands in each market*
*Where we have a market share of 15% or more
We have more than 110 locally tailored programmes to tackle alcohol-related harm across the world, and are working with governments, NGOs, civil society groups and public bodies to strengthen our work.
This year we measured our progress against a five-year global action plan with other leading beer, wines and spirits companies, to help reduce the harmful use of alcohol, which will form part of an industry report.
Find out more