We want a sociable world where our beers are developed, marketed, sold, and consumed responsibly.
Harmful drinking is an issue of significant concern – to governments, society, and SABMiller. It is an issue that we are committed to helping tackle.
We support the aim of the World Health Organization (WHO) to reduce harmful alcohol consumption by 10% by 2025. This is also an area of focus for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We recognise too that consumer preferences and values have been shifting to a greater focus on health. Beer brings people together, adding to the enjoyment of life, but we must work proactively to meet all of these expectations.
By 2020, our target is to:
- Aim to reach all of our beer consumers with effective communication campaigns and partnerships to encourage moderate and responsible beer consumption
- Support responsible retail practices through industry leading levels of retailer training and engagement, targeting 340,000 small retailers in our value chain worldwide
- Encourage and support the establishment and enforcement of clear standards for beer retail in the on and off trade
- Support programmes to increase road safety awareness and enforcement, including drinking and driving, and reduce underage drinking
- Build sustainable development messages in to brand activations of three brands in each market*
*Where we have a market share of 15% or more