We want a clean world where nothing goes to waste and emissions are dramatically lower.
Climate change has far-reaching consequences for our business and for the communities where we operate, from water scarcity and energy constraints, to reduced food security and increased health risks. The Paris climate talks in December 2015 marked a turning point, as world leaders agreed the first truly global commitment to act on climate change. In working towards the ambitious new climate goals, society needs to move to a more efficient, circular economy focused on eliminating waste and emissions and creating value from what remains.
Brewing, packaging, and cooling our beer all generate greenhouse gas emissions, which we are committed to reducing, while growing our business in a resource-efficient way.
By 2020, our target is to:
- Reduce the carbon footprint per hectolitre across our value chain by 25%* including:
- 50% reduction within our breweries
- 25% reduction in packaging carbon footprint
- 25% reduction in refrigeration carbon footprint and no new HFC powered fridges
- Focus on reducing emissions across our agriculture value chain and distribution network
- Continue to divert a very high proportion of brewery waste from landfill and create new value waste