Consumers Know Exactly What Flavoured Beers They Want
29 April 2013
The most popular novelties are Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry and Gambrinus Crisp Lemon
Plzeň, April 25, 2013 – Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry and Gambrinus Crisp Lemon varieties succeeded in the prestigious consumer poll “Consumers’ Choice – The Best Novelty 2013” in the category of flavoured beers. These products received most of the 4,000 votes from respondents and became the best novelties of the last year in the competition with many other brands. They are available for more than a year in half-litre cans, and since March of this year also in newly designed packaging ready for the upcoming summer season. Their big plus is the fact that they do not contain any artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
A new variety – Citrus was added to the victorious flavours
The prestigious poll “Consumers Choice – The Best Novelty” took place for the thirteenth time this year. This traditional consumer poll evaluates the products that were introduced to the consumers’ market during the past year and a half. The category of flavoured beers was truly challenged for the first time this time since more brands were competing this year. During the final stage, more than 4,000 participating consumers prized flavoured varieties Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry and Gambrinus Crisp Lemon. Since this March, a new variety – Gambrinus Juicy Citrus was added to the gang.
“Votes from the consumers is the best sign of the quality of our products. We pay attention to ensure that our flavoured drinks offer real refreshment to our adult consumers. It was them who participated in defining the final taste of our products,” Miloslav Peichl, marketing Gambrinus brand manager said, and added: “The victory only proved that elderberry is very popular among Czechs. On the other hand, lemon and lime are flavour classics that bring the best refreshment to all consumers. I believe that our last novelty, Juicy Citrus, which was introduced to the market during the past few days, will satisfy the taste buds of our consumers as well as the other varieties.”
Mixed beer drinks play important role on the beer market
Flavoured Gambrinus family products have pleasantly balanced tastes of traditional and popular Gambrinus beer and fruit juices. They are meant especially for refreshment during the spring and hot summer months. “Consumers will achieve the best results with proper chilling,” Miroslav Peichl mentioned.
During the past two years, Czechs came to like these products. This is supported by numbers. During 2012, all mixed drinks represented a 10% share of the total beer market and became the fastest growing beer segment. Flavoured Gambrinus is one of the key players, as proven by consumers’ evaluations.
Brand PR manager
Phone: +420 724 617 886
Notes for editors:
- Gambrinus Premium beer was the only Czech beer awarded at the international tasting competition The International Brewing Awards 2013 – among the beer brewing palls known as The Brewing Oscar. 40 brew-masters from 16 countries evaluated more than 800 beers from all around the world. Gambrinus Premium won silver medal in the Classic Lager category.
- The wide portfolio of Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with low content of sugar. Since 2012, Gambrinus added Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are typical for lower alcohol content and refreshing taste.
- Thanks to following the original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer, and also thanks to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the quality trademark “Czech Beer.”
- History of Gambrinus brand goes way back to 1869. Gambrinus is beer that won hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and preserving of original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is member of SABMiller plc. With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2012 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 25th April 2013.