A Tip for the Weekend - Velké Popovice Brewery Organises Lada’s Pig Feast
13 February 2013
Velké Popovice Saturday, March 9, 2013, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
For the fourth time, the traditional Lada’s pig feast will take place in Velké Popovice brewery. The event full of good food and first of all Velkopopovický Kozel beer will please all beer lovers and hog-roast enthusiasts. The programme will include booths with blacksmiths, butchers, wood crafts, and original jewellery. All that will be accompanied by a show of folk traditions. Every half hour, the visitors will have a chance to take part in the visitors’ tour of the brewery, and to learn about the making of the popular Velké Popovice Kozel beer, to visit the cellars where they can see the largest beer barrel of 96hl capacity, and to pass through a unique tunnel all the way to the bottling house where they can see the new exposition displaying facts about the export of the Velkopopovický Kozel beer to the entire world. The visitors may also see the local live mascot, billy-goat Olda. Nearby pub Kozlovna will be open for the entire day.
The entrance to the event is free.
Phone - +420 724 617 886
Phone - +420 601 381 819
Notes for editors:
- The first batch of beer made in Velké Popovice brewery was brewed on 12.15.1874. Just a year later, 18.000hl of beer was brewed and sold there. Only a few years later, the brewery became the third largest brewery in the country. It became famous mainly for its heavy, dark beers.
- Velkopopovický Kozel brand holds an irreplaceable position on the beer market. It is one of the brands with the most dynamic development on the Czech as well as on the world beer market. Velkopopovický Kozel Dark is the leader on the dark beer market in the Czech Republic, as well as the best seller among the Czech brands abroad.
- The brewery in Velké Popovice is the part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj Company since 1999.
- With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2012 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
- More info about the most current activities and projects supported by the Velkopopovický Kozel brand at www.kozel.cz.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 12th February 2013.