Gambrinus Brewery Has Welcomed the 10,000th Participant of the “ŠtamGast” Program
10 December 2012
Plzeň, December 7, 2012 – Plzeň brewery Gambrinus has been welcoming beer fans from the entire Czech Republic for more than three years now. Under the supervision of a brew master, the program called “ŠtamGast” (schtumgust - the regular) teaches beer lovers about the brewery, its history, and technological procedures behind the Gambrinus beer production. This week, the program “ŠtamGast” welcomed its 10,000th visitor Miroslav Larva from Alžbětín near Železna Ruda.
The 10,000th visitor of the ŠtamGast program came to Gambrinus brewery together with five other “regulars” and representatives of his restaurant to learn about all secrets of traditional Czech beer and its making. “I was very much looking forward to visiting the brewery since it has now been more than 40 years since my last visit. I was excited to see what new has happened here. Moreover, I am a big fan of Czech beer and Gambrinus 10th,” Miroslav Larva said. As it happened, Mr. Larva is not just a regular beer lover; he is a professional who runs the “U Larvů” hotel on the border of Plzeň region that is also the border of the Czech Republic.
The work is a hobby for 59 year-old Miroslav Larva. He built his hotel with a restaurant from the foundation up and has run it for 19 years. “Traditional Czech beer culture is about regulars, atmosphere, and exceptionally good beer, of course. They are really pleased with it in our place,” he added.
The special program Gambrinus ŠtamGast, which has been in operation for the past three years, is designed just for the most loyal pub keepers from the entire country and their regulars. They invite the beer lovers to visit the brewery where brew masters teach them about the procedures of Gambrinus beer brewing, show them the brewery, as well as give them a taste of beer directly from the tanks. The participants also have a chance to draft the beer and ask brew masters any question they want to.
“Regulars of our pubs are our brand’s most loyal fans. We are therefore always happy to see them and to listen to their ideas. An entertaining afternoon in the brewery is the best way to learn about the entire Gambrinus beer-making process, from the selection of Czech materials, through the original brewing procedures, to a correct way of beer drafting. All participants thus have a chance to experience first-hand what it takes to make beer that possesses such an exceptional taste,” Vojtěch Homolka, marketing brew master of Gambrinus brewery, said of the ŠtamGast program.
You can find more information about Gambrinus brand at www.gambrinus.cz
Brand PR manager
p.: +420 724 617 886
p.: 724 617 219
Notes for editors:
- The wide portfolio of Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with low content of sugar.
- Since 2012, Gambrinus has added Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are typical for lower alcohol content and refreshing taste.
- Thanks to following the original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer, and also thanks to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the geographical quality trademark “Czech Beer.”
- The history of Gambrinus brand goes back to 1869. Gambrinus is beer that won the hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and preserving of original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is member of SABMiller plc. With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 7th December 2012.