Among SABMiller’s 152 Plants, ILC is the Number One in the World (Translation)
31 May 2011
- At the close of the year to be evaluated, from April 2009 through March 2011, Industrias La Constancia (ILC) received the highest marks in terms of efficiency, resource use, beer quality and packaging, among SABMiller's 152 factories.
- Despite being one of the most complex operations, since it handles an extensive line of products and presentations, the Salvadorian beer plant, ILC, became the leader on a worldwide level in efficiency, compared with Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, the United Status and South Africa.
Thursday, May 26, 2011 - Industrias La Constancia (ILC) won first place in the ranking of 152 international beer plants in approximately sixty countries as SABMiller's most efficient.
"Here at Industrias La Constancia, and as Salvadorians, we are proud of the recognition we received thanks to the work of Salvadorians whose excellence and passion have increased productivity and efficiency in beer plant operations," Aldo Vallejo, Vice President of Corporate Affairs of Industrias La Constancia, affirmed.
The world ranking indicators that SABMiller, the second largest beer company in the world, takes into account to evaluate its different beer production plants are: efficiency, resource use, beer quality, packaging and loss reduction during product processing.
ILC was compared-in indicators of efficiency, quality and resource use-to at least seventeen beer plants in Latin America, eight in North America, twenty-two in Europe and ninety-seven in Africa and Asia.
"To be in first place means that we are efficient in terms of resource use, such as water and energy, that we have maximized the production capacity of our machinery and that our personnel is efficient time wise. All of us at the production level are proud that the quality of our portfolio of beer brands ranks internationally," Manufacturing Vice President Carlos Castro confirmed.
In the past three years, the ILC beer plant had ranked among the first three places in efficiency on the international level.
The main indicators which convert the ILC beer plant into number one worldwide are:
- ILC has increased its efficiency, allowing it to produce beer with eighteen percent less water than three years ago and seventy-five percent less that ten years ago.
- ILC has increased its efficiency and is now able to produce beer with fifteen percent less energy (megajoules) than three years ago.
- Machinery efficiency (effective production time) is at ninety-four percent of high production with respect to the plant's functioning time.
Industrias La Constancia holds first place among 152 SABMiller breweries on a worldwide level in the evaluation of its beer manufacturing processes due to:
- Optimization of water and energy use
- Increments in plant use and productivity
- Improvements in product quality with regard to flavour, clarity, head and aroma
- We now have the best-evaluated packaging in glass as well as cans
- Decrements in loss reduction during product processing
- Our people: our most long-lasting advantage
Note to the editor:
Industrias La Constancia (ILC) is a subsidiary of SABMiller plc in El Salvador, Central America, which has two plants in the country.
Its presence in El Salvador dates back to 1906, when it was founded in the department of Santa Ana. In 1928 it moved its operations to the capital.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [26/05/2011].