Olympic gold medal heading to Orlová (Translation)
14 February 2011
Orlová, February 11, 2011 - Local hockey fans will have the opportunity to see a real Olympic medal in Orlová. Radegast, in cooperation with the Orlová Hockey Club, are organising an evening with David Moravec, a member of the team that won a gold medal in Nagano. Hockey fans will have an opportunity to have their picture taken with the hockey player and the medal, and will also get a chance to win hockey equipment from the Radegast hockey collection. The event will take place in the hockey arena in Orlová on Monday, February 14th, at 7 p.m.
David Moravec, currently playing for the Orlová hockey team, will have a lot to reminisce about throughout the evening. As a member of the golden hockey generation, he was not only part of the famous win in Nagano but also participated in two other World Championships. He contributed in the winning of the "golden hat trick," with a goal in the finals of the World Championship. "I am really looking forward to meeting the fans from Orlová. I hope that we will spend a nice evening together," David Moravec said.
The evening with the gold medal and a champion from Nagano was organised by Radegast, in cooperation with the HC PLUS OIL Orlová team. Throughout the evening, each fan will get the opportunity to have his or her picture taken with the medal and with David Moravec. All fans will also take home a special card signed by the player. Hockey fans from Orlová also have a chance to win many prizes from the Radegast hockey collection.
"As part of Radegast Supports Moravian Hockey, we want to offer hockey fans many special experiences. To see an Olympic medal in person is a unique experience that isn't possible every day," said manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its 10 billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world, is one of the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2300 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of SABMiller PLC, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [11/02/2011].