Customers will soon be able to enjoy Radegast in a five liter keg (Translation)
3 June 2010
Nošovice, June 2, 2010 - Radegast has good news for its customers for the summer season: Radegast Premium beer will be available in supermarkets in five liter kegs. It offers the taste of a tap beer in an attractive, light and ecological package. The beer from the keg can be dispensed through the bottom valve without the use of any additional tools or equipment.
"I am certain that our customers will fall in love with the five liter keg. It is an ideal choice for a gathering of friends, whether it be a BBQ or just sitting around with a beer in hand," said Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek, explaining the benefits of the keg.
The five liter keg offers the taste of a beer from tap without the need for other equipment or having to return a keg. "Customers could already bring home bottled Radegast from the supermarket, but thanks to the five liter keg, they'll be able to bring home beer from the tap. For our customers, this presents added value, which we are sure they will appreciate from their favorite brand," added Pavel Kmínek.
Besides an attractive look and a light weight, the keg is also ecological. It is manufactured from fully recyclable material so it will not pollute the environment.
The proposed price of a five liter keg with Radegast Premium beer is 269 Kč (12.80 USD). Customers will be able to buy kegs from the same stores in which they usually purchase their Radegast in bottles or cans. The sale is not seasonal.
A warning by a brewer from Radegast: don't store beer from an open keg, the oxygen reacts negatively with the beer and when the beer comes in contact with the air it lowers the quality of beer.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been a part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Annually, it produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 10.5 million hectoliters of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is one of the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice, in breweries and in 13 distribution centers, around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [02/06/2010].