The Radegast brewery will open its gates on Saturday (Translation)
29 April 2010
Nošovice, April 28, 2010 - This Saturday, fans of the popular Moravian beer will have an opportunity to look over the shoulder of brewers from Nošovice. Pivovar Radegast is already organizing a thirteenth Open Door Day, which will take place from 8 am until 4 pm. The tour will take the visitors through the entire process of beer making, culminating with a tasting at the lookout restaurant above the brewery. The tour is free of charge and due to a traditionally large popularity, organizers recommend making reservations early.
"Radegast is one of few breweries in Europe which allows its visitors to see the real process of how the beer is made. There aren't many places where you can look over the shoulder of professional beer makers, just like you do at our brewery," said manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák, explaining the tour's popularity.
Groups will be driven to the brewery on Saturday, May 1, every half an hour. The first tour, which will take about 90 minutes, will start at 8 am and the last one will be at 4 pm.
"The last stop of the tour will be the lookout restaurant above the brewery. A beautiful view of the panorama of Beskydy with a glass of perfectly chilled Radegast beer is the best way to end the tour," added Ivo Kaňák
This year marks Radegast's thirteenth open door day, and the tour is usually very popular. That is why it is best to reserve a specific time for a tour in advance at 558 602 566 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry into the brewery on May 1st is free of charge.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Annually, it produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 10.5 million hectoliters of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centers, around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [28/04/2010].