SABMiller logo


SAB appoints Frank Ning to the board as a non-executive director

10 October 2001

South African Breweries today announced that Mr. Ning Goaning (“Frank Ning”) is appointed to the Board as a non-executive director with effect from 10 October 2001.

Mr. Ning is the chairman of China Resources Enterprise Limited, which has a 51 percent holding in CRE Beverage Limited (“CREB”), a joint venture company in which SAB holds the remaining 49 percent. He is also the vice chairman and president of China Resources (Holdings) Company Limited and China Resources National Corp, chairman of China Resources Beijing Land Limited, a director of HIT Investments Limited and a director of The HKCB Bank Holding Company Limited.

Mr. Ning was brought up in Shandong province, China and has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Shandong University. He also holds a Master of Business Administration degree in finance from the University of Pittsburgh, USA.

Based in Hong Kong, Mr. Ning is 42 and is married with one daughter.

Notes to editors

1.Through CREB, SAB is China’s leading foreign brewer. Key brands produced by SAB’s Chinese breweries include Snowflake and Keller. CREB now has a total of 25 breweries in China with a combined capacity of more than 32 million hectolitres.

2.The Chinese market is amongst the largest and fastest growing markets in the world, with a total beer market estimated to be 220 million hectolitres per year in 2001, and an estimated growth rate of 7.2 percent per annum, second only to the United States in terms of volume consumed.

3.Photograph of Mr. Ning is available.

Further information

Ciaran Baker, South African Breweries plc
Tel: +44 20 7659 0120

Back to news index


Share to...

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Delicious
  • Stumbleupon
  • Reddit
  • Digg
  • Yahoo
  • Google