Peroni Nastro Azzurro's innovative imoda podcast series reveals refreshing insights into the real life passions of today's famed style set
23 June 2006
World Cup Season Kicks-off with an Exclusive Interview with the First Lady of Football – Nancy Dell’Olio
Today, Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s Imoda Podcast series launches its highly-anticipated, behind-the-scenes interview with Nancy Dell-Olio – the uber-stylish and intelligent Italian partner of England manager Sven Goran-Ericsson. In her interview, Nancy delivers a warm and candid interview about her life both in the UK and Italy, and her personal tastes and passions.
The former barrister also reveals the two things she never leaves home without, and talks about her favourite haunts, restaurants, designers, the media and the work she does on behalf of her charity, Truce International, which promotes global unity through football.
Each Peroni Nastro Azzurro Imoda Podcast is available free-of-charge to consumers of legal drinking age via peroniitaly.com, as well as on the i-Tunes music store.
Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s Imoda Podcast Series
Launched alongside Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s highly-acclaimed, groundbreaking 3-D new web site (peroniitaly.com), the Imoda Podcast concept was developed to offer refreshing insight into the personal tastes and passions of today’s most stylish celebrities.
The premium Italian lager has assembled a world-class production team for the project, including BBC presenter Nigel Barden conducting the interviews, and producer Glyn Hughes who was responsible for last year’s famed Ricky Gervais podcast series.
Peroniitaly.com Innovating the Website Medium
Peroni Nastro Azzurro’s innovative new website, peroniitaly.com, has added an extraordinary interactive dimension to the stylish Italian lager’s recently launched La Dolce Vita campaign. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, the website includes stunning 3-D panoramic views; the beautiful, full-length La Dolce Vita television ad; monthly consumer competitions; a Style Directory and of course, the Imoda Podcast series.
In the first six weeks that the site has been live, it has received a remarkable 623,000+ hits with a recorded 23,000+ downloads and viewed content – doubling the original forecast figures. Macromedia (the creators of Flash) are currently in the midst of creating a case study to document this landmark website achievement.
The trailblazing Italian lager is considered a jewel in Miller Brands (UK)’s brand portfolio, having experienced a significant sales growth of 32 per cent* since it introduced consumers to its new look and innovative style positioning just a short year ago. Through the Dolce Vita campaign, Peroni Nastro Azzurro have spurred continued growth in 2006 challenging traditional lager marketing with its simple, yet resonant offering: Italian style in a bottle.
*Year on year growth; 2005 vs 2004
For further information please contact Jude Hosie or Bella Cager at Gabrielle Shaw Communications. Email: email@example.com or Tel. 020 7731 8811.
Notes to editors
- High resolution creative images are available for the media to view and download free of charge from www.vismedia.co.uk or available on cd format by request from Gabrielle Shaw Communications
About Peroni Nastro Azzurro
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro is the number one premium Italian beer in the world.
- Birra Peroni first started brewing in 1846, and Nastro Azzurro was first created in the early 60’s in Italy.
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro with sleek new retro design was launched around the world in early 2005.
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro is available as a bottled beer (33cl & 66cl) and draught in certain markets.
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro is a well-balanced (low residual sugar content), clear pale lager made by brewing the finest spring-planted barley combined with malts and hops to create the highest standard of premium beer.
- Web site: www.peroniitaly.com
About Birra Peroni S.p.A.
- SABMiller acquired a majority interest in Birra Peroni in May 2003. Birra Peroni S.p.A. boasts a strong heritage dating back to 1846 when it was founded by Francesco Peroni. It is now the second largest brewer in Italy with an approximate 25% market share and three operating breweries in Bari, Rome and Padua. Its portfolio of brands include the number one beer brand in Italy, Peroni; Nastro Azzurro, the leading Italian brand in the premium segment; and other leading beers including Gran Riserva, Crystall, Wührer and Raffo.
- The announcement is available on the SABMiller website www.sabmiller.com
About SABMiller plc
SABMiller plc is one of the world’s largest brewers with brewing interests or distribution agreements in over 60 countries across five continents. The group’s brands include premium international beers such as Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, as well as an exceptional range of market leading local brands. Outside the USA, SABMiller plc is also one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola products in the world.
In the year ended 31 March 2005, the group reported US$2,194 million pre-tax profit and a turnover of US$14,543 million on a UK GAAP basis. SABMiller plc is listed on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
Peroni Nastro Azzurro Creative Agencies
- Mook is the online creative agency for Peroni Nastro Azzurro. It is six years old and features in both the current Marketing and NMA ‘Top 100 new media agency’ listings.
- Gabrielle Shaw Communications is the lead global public relations agency for Peroni Nastro Azzurro.
- The Bank is the lead creative agency for Peroni Nastro Azzurro worldwide.
- Enterprise IG and sister agency The Added Value Group worked with the SABMiller team to develop the new global positioning and packaging. More recently design agency JDO has designed the new global beer fount.