Skiers Will Be Protected By Protective Barriers on the Slopes
5 February 2014
Praha, February 4, 2014 – Snowhill Ski Resorts slopes are now equipped with new protective barriers that will significantly increase skiers’ safety. The fences, valued at 200 thousand CZK (about 10,000 USD), were purchased by Birell brand. Most of them were installed in the Krkonoše resort of Herlíkovice.
Protective fences at ski resorts are appreciated by Adolf Klepš, deputy director of the Mountain Rangers of the Czech Republic: “Every newly installed safety feature is a plus for skiers. This way of separating fixed obstacles such as poles or trees is very effective and it might eliminate the consequences of an impact.”
The reason behind Birell’s involvement in the installation of the fences is explained by marketing manager Luděk Baumruk: “Non-alcoholic Birell is an ideal beverage for replenishing of fluids during sports and other activities. We strive to support the establishments where people engage in sporting activities. With the installation of the protective barriers we would like to contribute to people's safety during unpredictable situations or any mistakes that could happen.”
People will encounter the barriers at Snowhill Resorts. They are in Herlíkovice, Šachty, Kamenec, Kašperky, Mariánky and Kozinec. The highest number of fences was put up in Herlíkovicíe, the biggest of the Snowhill Resorts.
Notes for editors
- Birell brand is a longtime leader of the overall nonalcoholic beers category. It is present on Czech market for more than 20 years.
- Its portfolio includes Birell Light, Birell Semi-dark, mixed drinks Birell Lime & Raspberry, and Birell Lemon & Pomegranate, which was introduced to the market in the spring of the last year.
- The perfect taste of Birell is appreciated not only by its consumers but it is successful in world competitions as well. Its last success was the World Beer Awards 2012.
- With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million of hectoliters during the calendar year of 2012 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc is one of the most significant world beer companies with 70 thousand employees in 75 countries around the world. It offers more than 200 beer brands including the world renowned brand such as Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Miller Genuine Draft a Grolsch, as well as important local brands such as Aguila (Columbia), Castle (South Africa), Miller Lite (USA), Snow (China), Victoria Bitter (Australia), and Tyskie (Poland).
+420 724 617 886
Plzeňský Prazdroj in social media:
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 4th of February 2014.