Prazdroj to People Program - the Rope Park Most Liked by the Public
20 December 2012
December 19, 2012, Nošovice – International chess tournament, traffic park playground in Dobra; The 11th annual PRAZDROJ TO PEOPLE program will financially support these and 13 other projects. The citizens of Northern Moravia, who awarded nearly 9,500 points, had a chance to influence the distribution of 2.5 mil. CZK (about 125,000 USD). A new rope park in Třinec was awarded the most points. Thanks to DMS voting, the organisations received not only votes but also nearly 30,000 CZK (about 1,500 USD).
“The slogan of this year’s program is “For the Next Generations.” Because of that, we have looked for initiatives that will provide sustainable improvement of life to citizens of Northern Moravia. We have gathered more than 60.000 projects out of which the Council has selected 24 for the public voting. Public interest in voting proves that people are not indifferent to the life around them and that they are dedicated to its improvement. They care about their legacy to future generations,” Drahomíra Mandíková, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications of Pilsner Urquell, said.
Three organisations got the full amount requested. The Rope Park project in Třinec received the most attention and the applicant, STARS Třinec, may count on 300,000 CZK (about 15,000 USD). Employees of Radegast brewery also picked their favourite project. They have supported an elementary school in Dobra that presented the Traffic Playground project. The Council, consisting of the most significant personalities from the region, also selected its favourite project. The members of the Council awarded the full amount to the Musical Instruments for Moravia-Silesia Sinfonieta ensemble project.
This year, PRAZDROJ TO PEOPLE program offered voting via DMS text, using vouchers, and on the internet. The citizens of the region awarded 9,476 points and donated 29,646 CZK (1,480 USD) to organisations for which they have voted via DMS text.
Notes for editors:
- One of the most modern Czech breweries, Radegast, has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery has been a part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj comp. since 1999.
- With total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed productions abroad), and exportation to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region, and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Trademark Manager PR
Phone: +420 724 617 886
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 19th December 2012.