Players of HC Vítkovice Will Commence Production of New Radegast Gloomy Bitter Beer
5 December 2012
December 4, 2012, Ostrava – Pub Assen in Ostrava-Zábřeh will be the place where players of HC Vítkovice Steel officially commence the drafting of the new Radegast Gloomy Bitter beer. On Wednesday, December 5, at 6:00 pm, Michal Barinka, Roman Szturc and Ondřej Roman will take turns behind the tap. Fans can look forward to face-to-face meetings with players and autograph signings.
Radegast Gloomy Bitter is the first semi-dark beer ever produced by the brewery. It has the noticeably bitter taste so typical of all Radegast beers. Thanks to a unique combination of malts and bigger portions of hops, it has an unmistakable full taste and amber colour. The new beer will be available on tap in hundreds of pubs around the entire Moravia Region and bottled in stores.
Players of HC Vítkovice Steel will take care of the first batches of the new beer in Ostrava. “Radegast is a long-time supporter of Moravian hockey clubs, and just a few weeks ago it became the official beer brand of Tipsport Extra League. That is why we have invited the hockey stars to introduce our new beer. I am convinced that fans will use the opportunity to meet with the players and to enjoy this new delicacy from our brewmasters,” marketing manager of Plzeňský Prazdroj Karel Kraus said, inviting all fans of the Vítkovice club.
Notes for editors:
- One of the most modern of Czech breweries, Radegast has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery has been a part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj company since 1999.
- With its total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Phone: +420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 4th December 2012.