Cool Summer in Nošovice: Muscleman, Nošovice Squat, or Cabbage Goulash (Translation)
17 August 2012
August 16, 2012, Nošovice – The event called “Cool Summer” that takes place by the technological monuments of the Moravia-Silesia region will come to Nošovice on Sunday, August 19. Near the Radegast brewery, event visitors can look forward to the power show of Láďa Hanzel, and take part in many manly competitions. The visitors’ tours of the brewery will be available for a special price, and the Visitors Centre will be open as well. The program starts at 1:00 pm and ends at 5:00 pm, on the hour.
In Nošovice, visitors will have a chance to participate in high-adrenaline competitions such as climbing beer pallets, or the original Nošovice squat that involves squatting with the full keg of beer on your back. The muscleman Láďa Hanzel will present his show. After some manly attempts and performances, visitors may enjoy cabbage goulash, or typical Moravian cake.
The visitors’ tour of the Radegast brewery will be open as well. ”On this special day, we have prepared a special entrance fee of only 40,- CZK (about $2.00). Visitors will conclude the improved tour with a trip to the lager cellar for a tasting of Radegast beer in the tasting room above the brewery. The tours will be available starting at 10:00 am,” said Martina Sikorová, Director of Radegast Brewery Visitors Centre.
The Moravia-Silesia Region is responsible for the Cool Summer event. The most significant technological monuments of the North Moravian Region, including Radegast Brewery, are part of the project.
Notes for editors:
- One of the most modern Czech breweries Radegast has been producing beer since 1970.
- The Radegast brewery has been a part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj comp. since 1999.
- With total sales of nearly 9.9 million of hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of the SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Phone: +420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [16/08/2012].