Apply To Participate In Beskydy Mountain Guides Contest (Translation)
30 May 2012
May 28, 2012, Nošovice
Carry a full keg of beer from the town of Ostravice to the summit of Lysá Mountain using a wooden rack - that is the challenge of four-member teams that apply to participate in the Radegast Beskydy Mountain Guides Contest. Those interested in attempting this difficult task must hurry, since the number of open positions is limited to 50. The prerequisite application round opens on Monday, May 28th at www.radegast.cz. To qualify, the applicants must be able to put together a team of four guides, they must fill out the application form, and buy 10 Radegast beers. This unique contest will take place as a part of the extreme games Adrenalin Cup on Saturday, June 23rd.
The four-member teams will have to deliver a full keg of beer from the town of Ostravice to the summit of Lysá Mountain in the shortest amount of time. They will have to conquer elevations of 900 meters, withstand traditionally unpredictable weather conditions, and show an excellent sense of cooperation. The guides will carry the keg on a traditional wooden carrier used for the supplying of mountain huts.
The contest will run in the Beskydy Mountains for the fourth time this year. "Every year, the number of applications increases. These are men who like to accept the challenge, and collect an unforgettable experience. The participants from the last three years agree that just taking part in the contest itself is a great experience," Michal Kučera, Radegast Brand Junior Manager, explained the motivation of contest participants.
The reward for each team participating in the contest (limited to a maximum of four members) is a 50 kg keg of Radegast beer for each and every one of them. The fastest team will receive four kegs plus a very special cup.
The contestants may apply for participation in the Radegast Beskydy Mountain Guide Contest online at www.radegast.cz. The most updated information will be available at www.adrenalincup.com. The application deadline is June 21, 2012.
Notes for editors:
- Radegast beer brewery, one of the most modern beer breweries in Czech Republic, has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery is a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc. since 1999
- With total sales of nearly 10 million hectoliters during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world's biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
GSM: +420 739 088 908
Seven Days Agency
128 00 Praha 2
Phone/Fax: +420 220 879 081, GSM: +420 603 557 070
Phone: +420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [28/05/2012].