Members Of UDG Band Brewed A Special Batch Of “Excellent” Beer For May Celebrations Called “Majáles” (Translation)
18 April 2012
Plzeň, April 17, 2012 - The Rock band UDG, together with a master brewer and last year's Kings of "Majáles," brewed a special batch of Gambrinus 11° Excellent in Pilsen. It is made for attendees of the upcoming May student fiestas. The band debuted a new song from their latest album at the occasion.
Between April and May, the already traditional student fiestas called "Majáles" (Muhyalis) will take place in four cities. Last year, more than 53,000 people attended the festival. This year's attendees will have the chance to taste beer brewed by rock band UDG and by the kings of Czech students. It is this rock band that is one of the biggest stars of this Spring's celebrations. "It was an excellent experience to see the heart of Gambrinus brewery, and to learn how Excellent 11° comes to life step by step. We have truly enjoyed brewing the beer together with the master brewer and the Kings. It was yet another chance to make something special for our fans," said Tomáš Staněk alias Jugy, the drummer of the UDG band.
The band used the opportunity to debut a new song from their upcoming album. "It was a last minute, very spontaneous decision to introduce the first song from our newest record album well in advance at this occasion. The song went literally from the record studio right into the video clip," the band's front ma Petr Vrzák added. This gives fans the ideal opportunity to hear the song in the "Majáles" video before this Fall's concert series.
The Kings of "Majáles" from Hradce Králové, Plzeň, Praha, and Brno assisted the band with brewing the beer. Together they made beer that is known for its ideal blend of taste and refreshment. It was a fun-filled meeting. "Excellent is like 'Majáles' celebrations. You can win only when you connect ideas and capabilities of the whole group," Marek Kulkovský, Plzeň's King of "Majáles" said laughing. Immediately after, Brno's King Zdeněk Navrátil said: "Beer is simply an inseparable part of our lives. Having a chance to brew this special batch of Excellent for "Majáles" celebrations was an unforgettable experience. We are already looking forward to toasting with the new Kings."
All attendees of "Majáles" celebrations will taste the special batch of the beer on April 27th in Hradec Králové, April 27th and 28th in Plzeň, May 4th in Praha, and May 11th in Brno.
Brand PR Manager
phone: +420 724 617 886
Notes for editors:
- The wide portfolio of Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with low sugar content.
- Since 2012, Gambrinus added Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are known for their lower alcohol content and refreshing taste.
- Thanks to following the original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer, and also thanks to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the quality trademark "Czech Beer."
- The history of Gambrinus brand dates back to 1869. Gambrinus is a beer that has won the hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and its preservation of the original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is member of SABMiller plc. With total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectoliters during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed productions abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world's biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [17/04/2012].