80 % Of People Are Looking For Information About The Influence Of Alcohol On The Human Body On The Internet (Translation)
22 September 2011
Plzeňský Prazdroj introduces all new napivosrozumem.cz
Praha, September 19, 2011 - Plzeňský Prazdroj introduces an all-new look at the website www.napivosrozumem.cz. The first version of the Internet website was launched by Plzeňský Prazdroj as part of its support for a responsible approach to the consumption of alcoholic beverages in February 2009. There, visitors could get useful information about the health impact of alcohol on the human organism, as well as tips on how to enjoy and consume it responsibly. The all-new website offers an on-line advice section with answers from experienced experts and a complex evaluation test for alcohol consumption. Website visitors are informed about the actual level of alcohol in blood at Promile INFO. The website itself is advertised by Prazdroj in all its advertising venues. For example, last year it was presented on 240 million pieces of packaging material and millions of beer coasters in pubs and restaurants all around Czech Republic.
The new look of the website www.napivosrozumem.cz was created based on findings from surveys conducted by GfK Company. Out of a sample of 500 respondents, one-third of them had already looked there in the past for information about the influence of alcohol on the human organism. A high percentage, 82% of respondents, then recommended visiting the website to their friends and relatives. As an answer to the question, "How did you learn about the existence of this website?" 33% mentioned TV ads, 24% the Internet, and 23% Plzeňský Prazdroj product packaging.
The website www.napivosrozumem.cz in its new version will also widen its successful cooperation with the civic association SANANIM. For those interested, the website provides an on-line advice section where you can place your questions about alcohol and alcohol consumption or explore information contained in answers that are already there. Experienced experts will answer all your questions. The website also contains a complex alcohol consumption evaluation test. Here, the test will evaluate the level of the participants' alcohol consumption based on their answers. The first expert to answer the most frequently asked questions placed on the web and to express his opinions about myths associated with alcohol in the section Expert's Advice will be Professor Tomáš Zima M.D., Dean of The First Medical School of The Charles University. His article will focus on alcohol and coffee consumption. On the website, the users will also find Promile INFO, of which Prazdroj is a long time supporter.
"We are convinced that the support of the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages will positively influence awareness and understanding of this issue. We also believe that a change of behaviour connected to irresponsible alcohol consumption is possible thanks to further development of such activities," said Drahomíra Mandíková, PR director of Plzeňský Prazdroj.
"We welcome the widening of cooperation with Plzeňský Prazdroj in the form of the placement of our application on their website napivosrozumem.cz. I consider it very important for people to start thinking about alcohol consumption. I believe that a complex alcohol consumption evaluation test, an on-line advice section, experts' opinions, and the presence of Promile INFO will strongly support informed decision-making and responsible behaviour of beer consumers. These days, I find the Internet forum to be an ideal place not only for prevention activities, but also for direct help," said Jiří Richter, executive director of civic association SANANIM.
Prazdroj comes not only with valuable information, but mostly with a clear message about responsible alcohol consumption. It contains the link to the website napivosrozumem.cz on all its advertising materials and beer labels, but, moreover, this year, it started sending out a clear message: Alcohol and the steering wheel do not belong together. The memorandum of the cooperation with the Czech Ministry of Transportation was signed as a part of the support of the message ALCOHOL AND THE STEERING WHEEL DO NOT BELONG TOGETHER. The first product of this cooperation is in the form of more than 1.2 million coasters imprinted with hot traffic themes of today, such as alcohol and driving, and visibility. The coasters, with a BESIP department design, are being distributed to restaurants serving Plzeňský Prazdroj beers all over Czech Republic. Service Promile INFO is also involved in the prevention of alcohol behind the steering wheel. Information about the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages from Plzeňský Prazdroj can be found on 240 million pieces of packaging material and on millions of coasters every year. In TV advertisements, this message is given 5% of the spot and 10% of the total time.
The website will be further improved based on suggestions from the public even in the future. New surveys about the impact of the changes made to the website on the public will be conducted at the beginning of 2012. The content of the website will be adjusted according to this evaluation of the most frequent questions and suggestions.
Plzeňský Prazdroj Company actively participates in the prevention of negative consequences of excessive or inappropriate alcohol consumption and supports the enforcement of a responsible approach to the consumption of alcoholic beverages by itself and as a member of the Initiative of Responsible Breweries.
Civic Association SANANIM
Civic Association SANANIM is the oldest such association in Czech Republic (established in 1990) and today it is also the largest non-governmental provider of services in the field of prevention, care, treatment, and reintroduction back to a society of those addicted to drugs. Today, it operates eleven main facilities - Field Programs, Contact Centre, Specialized Health Services CADAS, Day Care, the treatment communities Karlov and Němčice, Post-treatment Rehabilitation Centre with subsidized housing and workshops, Drug Addiction Info Centre, Help Centre for Convicts, Work and Social Agency and the Parental Advisory Office - and provides a growing number of additional projects and programs. The most important are its auto-phone advisory and info services (Drug Addict Help Line, Promile INFO, Alkotest, etc.), the Roma Field Program and Program for Mothers with Children. Other programs are aimed especially at education, primary prevention, publication activities and foreign cooperation.
Notes for editors:
- With its total sale of 9.9 millions of hectolitres in the calendar year 2010 (including its licensed foreign production) and with its export activities to more than 50 countries around the world, Plzeňský Prazdroj is the foremost producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech Beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj has 10 priorities of sustainable development: 1. Support of responsible alcohol consumption 2. Decreasing of water usage 3. Decreasing of power usage and lowering of emissions 4. Usage of recyclable and returnable packaging materials 5. Development towards waste-free production 6. Cooperation with partners sharing our values 7. Respect to human rights 8. Supporting the fight against HIV/AIDS 9. Support of regional development and 10. Transparent communication and display of bottom line.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj received the Prize of the Regional Governor for Social Responsibility 2011, announced by the governor of the Moravia-Silesia region together with the chairman of the Quality Board of Czech Republic ČR. In 2010, the Business for Society organization awarded Plzeňský Prazdroj with a special award for its long-time contributions to business responsibility in Czech Republic.
- In the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2011, Plzeňský Prazdroj invested 103.65 million Czech crowns into the field of sustainable development. It directly employs more than 2,300 people and indirectly creates about 33,600 work opportunities.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of SABMiller plc. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship of brand portfolio of SABMiller.
- SABMiller plc is one of the world's biggest beer brewing companies, with beer brewing activities in more than 60 countries across six continents.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj is repeatedly awarded the highest honours among all breweries of SABMiller Company for its responsible activities and actions supporting future generations.
Phone: + 420724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [19/09/2011].