With the help from Backus and other companies educational medical centre is built and equipped in Chincha (Translation)
6 July 2011
The ceremony was attended by representatives of PAMS, the Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia, the Association of Entrepreneurs for Education, CONFIEP, Backus and the local authorities.
Lima, July 1, 2011 - With the compromise of improving the quality of life and health of the people of Chincha, in the Ica province, in high Chincha it was inaugurated the Educational Medical Centre, product of the effort of a group of companies compromised with the development.
Entrepreneurs for Education, led by José Miguel Morales in the role of articulator, pushed for and promoted private contributions for the execution of this health centre, joining efforts with the Peruvian Medical Society (PAMS), private companies and business associations.
The medical centre that required an investment of S/. 7,200,000 nuevos soles, will serve all Chincha's residents; establishing work relationships along with local hospitals, national universities and Cayetano Heredia University.
It should be noted the great contribution of companies such as Backus brewery, among others, that because of their compromise with the development of the country, contributed in the realisation of this medical centre, so long expected by Chincha's population.
Some of the specialties and services that the health centre will offer are: immunization, dentistry, gynaecology, cardiology, nutrition, X-rays, ultrasounds, and will have also rooms for conferences and workshops.
"The Medical Centre in High Chincha is a necessary and important project, of which we're very proud to be part of, since it will allow for thousands of residents to be treated by first-class doctors and first-quality services in their own locality" said Fernando Hilbck, Executive Director of the Backus Foundation.
About the Centre
- The total cost of the project has been estimated in 7,200,000 neuvos soles.
- The beginning of the work was planned for February 18, 2008.
- The Educational Medical Centre is located at Av. José Faustino Sanchez Carrión s/n, High Chincha (next to the José Pardo School).
- The Complex's construction, implementation and management will be monitored by a committee formed by members of PAMS y by KPMG, an independent auditor company that has donated its services.
- The Peruvian American Medical Society, founded in 1973, is a non-profit voluntary organisation, dedicated to obtaining and transferring health resources for the populations that need them in Peru. PAMS works with public and private organisations abroad, in the U.S. and in Peru, to give medical attention and promote medical education. PAMS members have carried on, in collaboration with local suppliers and medical schools, more than 100 medical and educational missions in different areas in all Peru.
- Unión de Cervecerías Peruanas Backus and Johnston S.A.A., is the leader in the brewery industry in Peru, with 5 decentralized production plants in Lima, Arequipa, Cusco, Motupe and Pucallpa. We have a portfolio of very well segmented national and international brands that aim for our customers' satisfaction in more than 150,000 points of sale throughout the country. During 2010, Backus registered net sales for S/. 2,676.7 million, contributed S/. 2,004 million in taxes and gave direct employment to more than 1,700 people.
For more information, contact:
Cecilia Quevedo - Backus - 311 3000
Yohana Medina / Lorena Oviedo
LLORENTE & CUENCA - 222 9491
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [01/07/2011].