The toughest Moravian competition is starting! (Translation)
12 May 2011
Nošovice, May 11, 2011 - To survive a storm on a mountain, to walk through a cave full of spider webs or to pass a ritual which includes fire. This is what each finalist of the toughest Moravian competition has to endure. Radegast prepared this competition for its consumers for this summer. The winner will receive 300,000 Kč (17,696 USD). Qualification for the grand finale takes part in Moravian pubs and places where beer is sold. During the qualification, consumers can also receive thousands of other prizes which they will appreciate in tough, mountainous conditions.
The promotion for consumers of the Radegast brand started on May 2nd in stores where the beer is sold. Consumers collect codes which are under the labels on bottled beer or on cans and send the codes via text messages or via Internet. In addition, 800 pubs around Moravia will partake, starting in June.
„The Radegast competition is as tough as the entire region. People here are used to overcoming hurdles. It makes them stronger and strengthens their relationship with the region. Radegast belongs here and just like the people here, it does everything to the max. When it organizes a fun even, then it is to the max and when it organizes a competition then, „it brings out the guns". The winner has to not only show his/her physical preparedness, but also his/her resistance, has to be able to foresee things and be courageous, "said Manager of the Radegast brand, Marek Málek.
The finals, which will take place on July 2nd in Ostrava, will welcome 30 competitors who will have joined the competition with beer from bottles, cans or from pubs. The winner of the toughest Moravian competition will bring home 300,000 Kč (17,696 USD).
The competition, which is centered around Radegast beer, will be supported by print and radio campaigns in several media around Moravia. Banners will be featured on important web servers. As far as outdoors are concerned, the brand will take advantage of billboards and CLV (self-standing, lit, advertising medium).
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 250 employees.
- It produces beer called „classic Czech lager"and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sale of close to 10 million hectoliters in the 2010 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s., is the leading producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC Company. Pilsner Urquell is an international flagship of SABMiller brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents. Group of brands SABMiller includes important international brands such as Grolsh, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and close to 200 successful regional and national brands.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on http://sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [11/05/2011].