A new road will decrease traffic in Nošovice (Translation)
28 April 2011
Nošovice, April 27, 2011 - Trucks with Radegast beer leaving Nošovice are on their way to consumers on a brand-new highway. Together with the Regional Office of the Moravian-Slesian Region, the brewery built a new connection from the brewery to the industrial zone in Nošovice. It was built for more than 80 million Kč (4.9 million USD). The new highway is very important for the improvement of Nošovice's environment as this means that a lot of trucks will no longer drive through the town.
A parking lot for 19 trucks and 5 buses together with a new reception area at the brewery are part of this new traffic connection. The highway, which is 400 metres (0.25 miles) long, connects to the existing road leading to the industrial zone of Nošovice. This way trucks will merge onto highway R48 without having to drive through the town.
"This is great news for all residents of Nošovice," Mayor of the town of Nošovice, Miroslav Kačmarčík, commented upon the completion of the highway. "Our town had to deal with heavy traffic, leading up to Beskydy. Diverting daily truck traffic will help improve this situation," added Kačmarčík.
The new connection was built by the Radegast brewery and the Moravian-Slesian Region for 83 million Kč (5.04 million USD). The brewery contributed a total of 37 million Kč (2.3 million USD). A well-executed selection process played an important part. Quotes for the same amount of work, submitted by numerous companies, were incredibly different. The difference between the winner and the most expensive quote was 40%. In comparison with the price of the blueprints, the project saved tens of millions of crowns.
"For 40 years, our brewery has been a part of this town, Nošovice. We try to be a good neighbour to locals and we try to contribute not only with programmes such as Prazdroj to People. Investment in the new highway will markedly improve the environment in Nošovice. I would like to thank the Regional Municipality for its great cooperation which started in 2007. I hope that this connection supported by the Declaration of Cooperation will bring the residents a lot of benefits in the future," said Manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák.
The new highway was opened on April 1st, and as its one-month anniversary approaches residents from Nošovice already see a positive impact from less traffic in the town.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- 10 Corporate Responsibility priorities of Plzeňský Prazdroj: 1. Promotion of responsible alcohol consumption, 2. Decrease water consumption, 3. Lower energy consumption and level of emissions, 4. Use of recycled or returned packaging material, 5. Heading towards production with no waste, 6. Cooperation with partners who share our values, 7. Respect of human rights, 8. Contribution to decreasing HIV/AIDS, 9. Support for regional development and 10. A transparent declaration of results.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj received a prize from the Regional Hetman for Corporate Responsibility 2011, which is awarded by the hetman of the Moravian-Slesian Region and the Chairman of the Council for Quality of the Czech Republic. In 2010, Business for the Society awarded Plzeňský Prazdroj a special award for a long-term contribution to the development of corporate responsibility in the Czech Republic.
- In 2010, Plzeňský Prazdroj invested in development of energy from renewable resources a total of 41.5 million Czech crowns (2.5 million USD). It directly employs more than 2,300 people and indirectly it creates employment for about 33,600 positions.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC Company. Pilsner Urquell is an international flagship of SABMiller brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
- For its responsible conduct towards future generations, Plzeňský Prazdroj has been repeatedly receiving the highest honours of all SABMiller breweries.
Contact: Jiří Mareček
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [27/04/2011].