Prazdroj receives special forklifts for drinks from Phoenix-Zeppelin (Translation)
23 March 2011
Plzeň, March 22, 2011
Today Plzeňský Prazdroj received a fleet of 22 Hyster forklifts, specially adjusted for drinks, from Phoenix-Zeppelin. This specially adjusted version has the driver's cabin located 300 millimetres (11.81 inches) higher, which provides a better view for the person sitting in the cabin and thereby offers safer manipulation of the cargo. Plzeňský Prazdroj uses a total of 148 Hyster forklifts of different types and sizes. The investment is part of a long-term contract which was signed in 2008, with the total amount surpassing 250 million Czech crowns (14.54 million USD).
The signing of the long-term contract with Phoenix-Zeppelin for the delivery of Hyster forklifts was followed by an evaluation of experiences from the operation and from practical use, and both companies cooperated on technical modifications.
"I mainly appreciate the reduction of vibration and noise in the driver's cabin and the great view, which drastically influences safety in the workplace and in manipulation. That is what I appreciate about the new 22 Hyster forklifts. That is the biggest priority for all our operations," said Jakub Nový, specialist for the technical fleet at Plzeňský Prazdroj.
"We delivered six Hyster S7.0FT forklifts designed for drinks to the production plant in Plzeň, while the other 16 work in breweries in Velké Popovice, Nošovice and in the business distribution centres of Plzeňský Prazdroj around the country," said Michal Beneš, director of sales of Hyster from Phoenix-Zeppelin.
The newly delivered machines, the Hyster S7.0FT with full throttle, have numerous improvements in comparison with previous models, such as the three-speed transmission DuraMatch 3, which protects the motor during long trips with cargo, and the Auto Deceleration System (ADS), with which the driver minimises brake wear and increases the lifespan of the machine. The forklift can lift up to four pallets filled with beer, with a weight up to 3,600 kilograms (7936.6 pounds) and a height up to 3.8 metres (12.5 feet), with a turning radius of 1.2 metres (3.93 feet).
Cooperation between the two companies started three years ago, when Phoenix-Zeppelin won a competition for the supplier of manipulation technology. Currently the contractual conditions are being fulfilled. "We delivered all forklifts in the scope of the operative lease. Acquisition of forklifts with the help of an operative lease is a trend that is widely used on the Czech market, and it will continue in the next five years," said Michal Beneš.
Both drivers and warehouse personnel at Plzeňský Prazdroj have been satisfied with Hyster forklifts and their handling of beer and packaging materials ever since the first delivery in 2008. "Service and response from the technicians to necessary maintenance work are also very fast," said Josef Procházka, logistics and service manager at Plzeňský Prazdroj, then added: "Thanks to the collection of data about each forklift, we can easily evaluate the effectiveness of these machines and optimise the necessary number of forklifts, or we can monitor deliveries for the manipulation of one pallet."
More about the forklift fleet at Plzeňský Prazdroj:
- The fleet at Plzeňský Prazdroj currently consists of 148 forklifts.
- Yearly, the fleet handles 6.4 million pallets of beer and additionally about 5 million pallets of packaging materials. In total, it moves about 12 million pallets with a total weight of 7 million tonnes, including packaging materials.
- In a year, the fleet travels about 400,000 kilometres (248,548.5 miles), which means that it could travel around the world 10 times.
- Thanks to the new Hyster manipulation technology, Prazdroj is able to unload a load from an 18-wheel truck in about 13 minutes and is able to load up beer in 15 minutes.
- The new S7.0FT forklifts with a special design for drinks replace the older S7.0FT forklifts with a standard design.
- Controlled Power Reversal (CPR) visibly extends the lifespan of tyres; it also positively leads to a longer lifespan of the machine.
- The cabin is automatically equipped with air conditioning, a comfortable seat and last- generation controls of hydraulic functions, TouchPoint.
for Phoenix-Zeppelin, spol. Ltd.,
Head of Marketing and Communication
Ph. no.: +420 602 620 681
Specialist for Marketing Communication
Ph. no.: +420 606 075 769
For Plzeňský Prazdroj
Public Relations Officer
724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [22/03/2011].