Fans watched the hockey game from a special pub (Translation)
17 February 2011
Havířov, February 16, 2011 - Six fans watched the first quarter-final play-off game of the 2nd league between Havířov and Nový Jičín from a very untraditional place. That is because they were seated at a pub situated right next to the ice. Besides the actual game, fans of AZ savoured roast pig knuckles, steak tartar and correctly chilled Radegast beer in the pub. If Havířov continues to win, other playoff games will feature such a pub. Anybody can win a place in the pub in a competition organised by Radegast and the AZ Havířov Hockey Club. The Havířov hockey arena is the first place in the region this season that can boast a pub next to the ice.
The pub by the ice isn't missing anything that any real put would have. Good food, the right bitter beer, a barman and especially the pleasant atmosphere. "It is really great to watch the hockey game while you are sitting in a pub and are enjoying steak tartar and beer. This really does not happen every day," said one spectator, David Dorotík from Havířov, assessing his experience in the pub during a game.
All fans of the Havířov HC can compete for a spot at this unique pub at all playoff games played in their home hockey arena. To enter the competition, they should have two beers from a stand and also fill out a card.
"I hope that players from Havířov will make it to the finals so that the fans can take full advantage of the Radegast pub. Havířov is the first place in the Moravian-Slezian region where we've built such a pub. Local fans definitely deserve it because any club from the higher league can envy the number of fans that attend the games," said manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2 million hectolitres of beer with the help of approximately 250 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sales of close to 10 million hectolitres in the 2010 calendar year (including licensed production abroad) and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s., is the leading producer of beer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s., is a member of the SABMiller PLC. Pilsner Urquell is an international flagship of the SABMiller brands.
- SABMiller PLC is one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents. SABMiller's brands include important international names such as Grolsh, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, and close to 200 successful regional and national brands.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [16/02/2011].