The Radegast brewery welcomed more than 9,000 visitors in 2010 (Translation)
14 January 2011
Nošovice, January 13, 2011 - The Radegast brewery is an attractive tourist destination in the Moravian-Slezian region. A total of 9,088 visitors came to Nošovice in 2010 to be introduced to the proper way of brewing bitter beer. Most visitors hailed from the Czech Republic, but the largest group of foreigners came from Poland, representing 5 percent of all visitors. An important event for the brewery and for the entire region was the opening of the brand-new Visitor Center, which opened in September 2010.
"The Radegast brewery is one of few European breweries that allows those who are interested to see the real process of beer making. Visitors have the opportunity to literally look over the shoulders of our brewers," said the manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák, about the uniqueness of a visit to the brewery.
An important event for the brewery and its visitors was last year's opening of the brand-new Visitor Center. It makes a visit to the brewery more comfortable, and it introduces Radegast beer to all visitors in greater detail. There have been no changes to the actual visit of the brewery, with tasting taking place above the brewery, overlooking a panorama of the Beskydy Mountains.
"We are very pleased that the Visitor Center increased interest in visiting our brewery in the last months. We expect that in 2011 the number of visitors will continue climb, in part thanks to the new special Radegast Extra Bitter, which we launched on January 3rd," added Ivo Kaňák.
Important to the brewery is that the new Visitor Center is a place where real men can come to take in the beer atmosphere, and where people can come to buy souvenirs from a vast Radegast collection or to buy the actual beer. However, they do not have to take part in the visit nor in the tasting.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 250 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager," and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its 10 billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sale of 10.5 million hectoliters of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world, is one of the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice breweries and in 13 distribution centers around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s. is a member of the global SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [13/01/2011].