Players from Frýdek-Místek got 80 beers for their fans with their shots (Translation)
8 December 2010
Frýdek-Místek, December 7th, 2010 - Fans who arrive early for Wednesday's match with Valašské Meziříčí can look forward to a real bitter reward. Because the first 80 fans will receive Radegast beer for free. At the beginning of November, Radegast promised that it would give its fans 40 beers for each match in which players from the Frýdek-Místek team made at least 40 shots on the opponent's goalie. This was in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the brewery's founding, which it celebrated on December 3rd. And on this day the challenge ended. Players from Frýdek-Místek took care of a difficult task in two matches.
"Radegast supports Moravian hockey and this year it is also celebrating its anniversary. That is why we agreed to go ahead with this untraditional challenge. I hope that this way, fans of the beer will have fun and will also celebrate the brewery's anniversary," said Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
Players from Frýdek-Místek won beers for their fans in the matches with Opava and Technika Brno. "To shoot 40 shots at the other team's goalie isn't easy. I am happy that we were able to do this twice for our fans. I hope that the fans will enjoy Radegast and will push us forward in the upcoming matches," said forward of the Frýdek-Místek team, Petr Rozum.
Beers will be prepared for the first 80 fans by the main entrance from the bridge. The gates of the arena will open at 5 p.m.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres, around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist. Note: This news release was first published in its local market on 07/12/2010.