U Doktora received a certificate for excellent care for beer (Translation)
22 October 2010
Ostrava, October 21, 2010 - The certificate for excellence in quality for Radegast beer was given to the U Doktora restaurant in Ostrava. It is famous for its so-called self-service, where tabs are placed at each table and guests serve the beer themselves. For customers, the certificate is proof that the restaurant is following strict guidelines after delivery, which include warehousing and of course service of beer.
A former hockey player and currently an agent, Vladimír Vůjtek Jr., also tried out one of the self service taps: "To be able to serve my own beer at my table is definitely interesting and fun. But an important thing is that the restaurant manager takes maximum care of the beer and the most important thing is excellent taste."
The certificate highlighting excellent care for beer was given by Radegast brewer Zdeňek Baszczynský to the father-and-son team the Kalinový's, owners of the restaurant U Doktora. They opened the restaurant a year ago and its popularity is growing fast. "People demand a very high level of service in restaurants. They come here mainly for excellent beer and that is why, in cooperation with Radegast, we make sure that we follow very strict guidelines. The certificate has a huge meaning for us," says Martin Kalina.
Plzeňský Prazdroj launched the complex care program for high beer quality in restaurants in 1999. The number of certified restaurants has already surpassed two thousand. U Doktora restaurant is the 49th certified restaurant in the Ostrava region.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces classic Czech lager and also high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectoliters of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, is among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centers around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 21/10/2010.