He invented a game plan for the 2nd league. Now, he will be writing about hockey (Translation)
23 September 2010
Vsetín, September 22, 2010 - He is a longtime fan of the Vsetín hockey team. He decided this year to considerably improve the game plan of the 2nd league. The seemingly impossible happened. The hockey association heard him out and the league will play based on his model. We are talking about Jan Zavadil, a hockey fan, who showed that a regular fan can have an impact on big things. For his courage, Jan Zavadil was given the opportunity to write a blog on the Radegast website, which is viewed daily by more than one thousand fans of Moravian hockey.
"I have been going to hockey games for more than 20 years. When I saw the game plan the hockey association created for the 2nd league, I thought to myself that it could be even better. And that is why I made my own," said author of the game plan for the 2nd league, Jan Zavadil. He sent his suggestions to all second league clubs and five of them sent back a positive response. And at this moment, hockey club VHK Vsetín took it upon itself to take care of it.
And the result? The second league is playing according to the plan by Jan Zavadil. "This case clearly indicates that a regular fan can influence decision-making in hockey. All one needs is a little bit of common sense and a little initiative," Stanislav Pavelec, the captain of the Vsetín hockey club, praising the actions of one of his fans.
Jan Zavadil will continue to put in practice his knowledge of hockey. He will regularly write articles about his favourite game at a hockey website, www.radegast.cz/hokej. For every article, Radegast, who supports Moravian hockey, will give him a beer reward. "Hockey needs real men, not only on the ice, but also as spectators. As a reward for his initiative, we are giving Jan Zavadil, besides further cooperation, a hockey jersey from our collection," said the manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, belongs to the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice breweries and in 13 distribution centres around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 22/09/2010.