Radegast holds grand opening of its new visitors' center (Translation)
10 September 2010
Nošovice, September 8, 2010 - The Radegast brewery is an attractive regional tourist destination, and for this year's 40th anniversary of its founding, it offered its fans (besides good bitter beer) a new attraction. Representatives from Radegast, along with the mayor of Frýdek-Místek, Eva Richterová, and the drummer from the well-known band Buty, Richard Kroczek, participated in the grand opening of the new Visitors' Center. All fans can take a look at it on Saturday, September 11th, during the traditional Radegast Day. Close to 10,000 visitors travel yearly to Radegast. More than 10 percent of visitors who come to Nošovice come from abroad.
"The Visitors' Center will be an addition to the traditional tour of the brewery. Within its interior it states that Radegast is beer for real men, which has a 40-year tradition and deep roots in the region. An important factor, which was also an inspiration, was nature in Beskydy, the basis of the beer, in the form of excellent water from River Morávka," said manager of the Radegast brewery, Ivo Kaňák, about the Visitors' Center.
An important part of the design is a display about the history of Radegast beer, as well as a screening room where visitors can watch movies. Of course, it also includes a souvenir shop with a wide range of items from the Radegast collection.
Visitors will head from the Visitors' Center to a tour of the production hall. "It doesn't change the fact that our brewery is one of few breweries in Europe in which visitors can watch how beer is made. All visitors can still look over the shoulder of our brewers, so to speak," added Ivo Kaňák. The end of the visit remains the popular tasting in the lookout restaurant above the brewery with a panoramic view of Beskydy.
The Radegast brewery is becoming more and more popular as a regional tourist destination, and it has close to 10,000 visitors yearly. It is also popular with foreigners. In 2009 Nošovice was visited by more than 1,200 visitors from abroad. You can make a tour reservation at www.radegast.cz.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, the Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, which belongs to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager," and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its 10 billionth beer.
- The Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which, with its total sales of 10.5 million hectoliters of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world, belongs among the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice breweries and in 13 distribution centers around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of the global SABMiller PLC group, one of largest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [08/09/2010].