Radegast offers 320 beers for a historical item (Translation)
4 June 2010
Nošovice, June 3, 2010 - Historical photographs, artifacts and any tools or equipment used for beer making or anything else from the past may enrich an exhibition held for the 40th anniversary of the founding of the Radegast brewery. Therefore employees of the brewery ask owners of documents or artifacts to lend them or give them to the brewery's collection. The owner of the most interesting artifact will get one year's worth of beer for free.
"We know that a lot of Radegast fans have at home, rich collections of artifacts or photographs, which depict the founding of our brewery and which remind us of other milestones of its development. We would like to put together a concise collection and show it in the form of an exhibition. This important 40th anniversary of the founding of our brewery simply demands it. We are grateful for anything, even for valuable information or contacts for other collectors," said Ivo Kaňák from the Radegast brewery.
The owner of the most attractive artifact will receive 320 Radegast beers, which corresponds on average to a year's worth of beer for one person in the Czech Republic. Every person whose artifacts or photos are shown at the exhibition starting on September 11, 2010 in Nošovice will receive a beer.
All who want to help the brewery can come in person to the reception area at the Radegast brewery in Nošovice or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This challenge continues until June 15, 2010.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectoliters of beer in 2009 and with exports to more than 50 countries around the world, is one of the leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centers around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [03/06/2010].