A person from Olomouc won the Radegast Cup (Translation)
30 March 2010
Ostrava, March 29, 2010 - The best table hockey player in Moravia is Vlastimil Hejtman from Olomouc. He competed with more than a thousand players to become the winner of the Radegast Cup. The preliminary rounds and the semi-finals took place in 110 pubs all around Moravia. The grand finale, the size of which has no competition in the Czech Republic, was held in Ostrava. The winner of the Radegast Cup will get a trip to the World Championship in ice hockey in Germany.
"The competition in table hockey was organized as part of the concept that Radegast supports Moravian hockey. The huge turnout and interest prove that hockey is very popular in Moravia," said the manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek.
More than a thousand players enrolled in the preliminary rounds and competed in more than 100 preliminary games. Due to this large turnout and the size of the competition, the Radegast Cup was the largest event featuring table hockey in the Czech Republic. The champion had to win the preliminaries, the semi-finals and the finals.
A popular Slovak commentator Karol Polák, who also gave out prizes to the best players, added to the great atmosphere of the ceremony with his unmistakable voice.
Results of the Radegast Cup:
1st place: Vlastimil Hejtman from Olomouc - a trip for 2 to the Word Championship in Germany
2nd place: Petr Šebesta from Ostrava - 4 season tickets to the Moravian Hockey Club
3rd place: Ondřej Žďárský from Iván - table hockey
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery has been part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- Radegast brewery is part of Plzeňský Prazdroj, which with its total sale of 10.5 million hectolitres of beer in 2009 and with exports into more than 50 countries around the world, belongs to leading beer producers in Central Europe. Plzeňský Prazdroj is also the largest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,400 employees in Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice in breweries and in 13 distribution centres around the Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [29/03/2010].