Every time they win, hockey players from Vsetín will get 100 beers (Translation)
11 March 2010
Vsetín, March 10, 2010 - Hockey players from Vsetín have a great motivation to win in the upcoming 2. League playoffs. For every game that they win in the playoffs, they will get 100 Radegast beers. If the hockey team from Vsetín reaches the top and wins the 2. League playoffs, they will get 900 beers. Radegast, a partner of the Vsetín hockey club, supplied the motivation.
"Just about everybody on the team loves the beer. That's why we will try our best, so that we get as many as possible. Certainly, we won't keep all of it just to ourselves. We will share it with our fans," promised Erik Hrňa, forward of the Vsetín hockey team.
The team from Vsetín will play the most important game of the season against Přerov, but their goals are bigger. It won't be clear how many beers they will get until the beginning of April, after the finals of the 2. League.
"I believe that motivation in the form of beer will add to the good mood and add relaxation to the locker room of the Vsetín team," said Manager of the Radegast brand, Pavel Kmínek. He added that this is not the first promotion of this season: "We brought our promotional team to selected games and they entertained the fans before and after the game. The players met their fans at a restaurant, U lva. Furthermore, the Radegast Cup is coming to Vsetín on Monday, March 15th, 2010, a competition in table hockey. "
This is all part of the "Radegast Supports Moravian Hockey" concept.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s.
- Yearly, it produces more than 2.2 million hectolitres of beer, with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sale of 10.7 million hectolitres in the calendar year of 2008 and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a.s. is the leading producer of beer in Czech Republic and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,500 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice breweries and in 13 distribution centres around Czech Republic.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj, a.s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public Relations Officer
Ph. no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [10/03/2010].