Orlová will witness the making of a new hockey record and will toast with beer (Translation)
21 January 2010
Orlová, January 20, 2010 - This year, the 80th anniversary of the establishment of the hockey club in Orlová, will be celebrated in an untraditional way. Thanks to Radegast, this Saturday a new Czech record will be made in the speed of hockey attacks. The goalie will duel against 80 forwards. Among them will be representatives of Orlová city, current and former players, as well as fans of the club. The ice will be decorated with 80 beer cans which will form big numbers, representing the club's anniversary. Participants of the record setting will use the Radegast beer cans during the toast.
"The connection between the club and their fans in Orlová is very strong. I believe that the present from Radegast, in the form of setting a new record and a toast, will attract other fans to the arena, "says Pavel Kmínek, manager of the Radegast brand.
The point of this new record and its participants, 80 forwards, will be to complete their attacks on the goalie as fast as possible. A referee from the Dobrý den agency* will make sure that the record is achieved legitimately, and he will also decide whether the new record will be added to other Czech records. During the record setting, a number symbolizing the club's anniversary will be made from 80 full Radegast beer cans. These will be used by participants of the record setting during a toast.
The event will start at 4.50 pm at the Orlová ice arena between a game of old guards and a second league game between Orlová and Hodonín.
*The Dobrý den agency administers and oversees the domain of new records and curiosities in the Czech Republic. In the widest possible scope, it records Czech and international records. Members of the team of referees oversee the majority of record-setting attempts which take place around the Czech Republic.
Notes to editors:
- The Radegast brewery, which is one of the most modern breweries in the Czech Republic, has been brewing beer since 1970.
- Since 1999, Radegast brewery is part of the largest beer conglomerate in the Czech Republic, belonging to Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s.
- It produces more than 2.2 million hectoliters of beer yearly with the help of approximately 270 employees.
- It produces beer called "classic Czech lager" and it also produces high-quality malt in its own malt house.
- In 2008, the brewery brewed its ten billionth beer.
- With total sale of 10.7 million hectoliters in the calendar year of 2008 and with export to more than 50 countries, Plzeňský Prazdroj a. s. is the leading producer of beer in the Czech Republic and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj employs approximately 2,500 employees in the Plzeň, Radegast (Nošovice) and Velké Popovice i breweries, and in 13 distribution centers around the Czech Republic.
• Plzeňský Prazdroj, a. s. is a member of global SABMiller PLC group, one of the biggest beer companies in the world, with activities and distribution in more than 60 countries on six continents.
Public relations officer
Ph.no: 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on http://www.sabmiller.com/. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [20/01/2010].