SABMiller appoints commercial director for Asia
10 July 2008
SABMiller plc, one of the world’s leading brewers, is pleased to announce the appointment of Mark Luce to the position of Commercial Director: Asia with effect from 1 September 2008.
In this position, based in Hong Kong, Mark will be responsible for assessing and executing the appropriate commercial strategies, strengthening the marketing and sales capabilities within the region, in addition to contributing to the development of SABMiller’s position in Asia.
Mark brings considerable experience to his new position having been involved in the beer industry for over 20 years. During the past 12 years with SABMiller he has had several senior roles including Marketing & Sales Director Europe, Business Development Director in Group Marketing and currently Senior Vice President Marketing for Latin America.
Ari Mervis - Managing Director, SABMiller Asia – said “Asia is the most promising region for volume growth in the global beer arena and I am delighted that Mark has accepted this unique challenge. His many years of experience ideally equip him to lead and support the development of the marketing and sales functions of SABMiller in Asia.”
SABMiller’ has brewing operations in India, China, Vietnam and Australia and exports to various other markets. In India SABMiller has over 33% of the national beer market with brands including Haywards 5000, Royal Challenge and Fosters. CR Snow, SABMiller’s joint-venture in China, has seen its flagship brand, Snow, become the country’s biggest brand with annual sales volumes in excess of 50 million hectolitres.
About SABMiller plc
SABMiller plc is one of the world’s largest brewers with brewing interests or distribution agreements in over 60 countries across six continents. The group’s brands include premium international beers such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Pilsner Urquell, as well as an exceptional range of market leading local brands. Outside the USA, SABMiller plc is also one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola products in the world.
In the year ended 31 March 2008, the group reported US$3,639 million in adjusted pre-tax profit and revenue of US$21,410 million.
SABMiller plc is listed on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
This announcement is available on the company website: www.sabmiller.com
High resolution images are available for the media to view and download free of charge from www.sabmiller.com or www.newscast.co.uk
About China Resources Snow Breweries Limited
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited was established by the Company in 1993 and became a joint venture with SABMiller plc in 1994. It is engaged in the production, sales and marketing of beer and beverages in China. Its shareholders are China Resources Enterprise, Limited and SABMiller Asia Limited, a subsidiary of SABMiller plc. China Resources Enterprise, Limited has a 51% interest in China Resources Snow Breweries Limited while SABMiller Asia Limited holds the remaining 49% interest. It operates more than 50 breweries in the Chinese Mainland with a total beer sales volume of about 5.3 million kiloliters in 2006.
About China Resources Enterprise, Limited
China Resources Enterprise, Limited is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is also traded on the London Stock Exchange. It is one of the constituent stocks of the Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong. The Group focuses on the consumer businesses in both the Chinese Mainland and Hong Kong, with core activities being retail, beverage, food processing and distribution, textile and property investment.
About SABMiller India
SABMiller India is the Indian arm of SABMiller Plc, one of the world's largest brewers with brewing interests or major distribution agreements in over 60 countries across six continents. With a market share of more than 35% in its core markets, SABMiller India is the 2nd largest player in the market and has grown consistently ahead of the industry.
With ten high quality breweries located strategically across India, SABMiller is well placed to service the markets quickly and efficiently with a workforce of over 2000 people. The Company has, in Andhra Pradesh, created the first brewery in India to have more than 100 million litre capacity, which is twice the size of the second largest brewery in the country.
SABMiller India offers popular brands like Foster’s, Haywards 5000, Haywards Black , Knock Out , Royal Challenge, Castle lager & Peroni Nastro Azzurro. For more information on SABMiller India, visit the company’s website: www.sabmiller.in
Company performance FY07
Profits after taxation : 40.19 Crore, Sales grew by 43.25% to Rs 1348 crore during the same period
Bianca Shevlin, Corporate Media Relations Manager, SABMiller plc
Tel: +44 20 7659 0172