Nonprofit Organisations May Apply for Financial Help from the Program "Prazdroj to People"
4 June 2013
June 3, 2013 Nošovice – Nonprofit organizations from Ostrava, Frýdek-Místek, Třinec, Jablunkov, and now also Novojičín and Karvinsko regions, may apply for financial help for their projects from the program “Prazdroj to People.” During the 12th year of the program, Plzeňský Prazdroj will redistribute 2.5 million CZK (about $120,000 USD). Nonprofit organizations should concentrate on projects that bring long-lasting benefits and fall under a subcategory of the program called “For Future Generations.” Organizations have until August 31 to submit their applications online at www.prazdrojlidem.cz. After that, a committee made up of important personalities of the region will evaluate them. Who will get the money will be traditionally decided by citizens of the region in a public vote.
”We want to see that projects submitted in the project “Prazdroj to People” will benefit future generations. They should have a long-lasting impact. We welcome new projects that need startup help as well. In the past, we’ve found many such projects that were made possible and are successful today only because of the “Prazdroj to People” program,” Drahomíra Mandíková, director of corporate affairs and communications of Pilsner Urquell Comp. said.
Nonprofit organizations may ask for financial aid up to 300.000 CZK (about $15,000 USD). The main condition is that the project will be realized in Ostravsko, Frýdecko-Místecko, Třinecko, Jablunkovsko, Novojičínsko, or Karvinsko regions. ”This year, for the first time, organizations from Novojičínsko and Karvinsko regions may submit their applications as well. We have decided to include them since these are regions where Radegast beer is at home. Nonprofit subjects across the entire region from Novy Jičín to Český Těšín may now apply,“ Drahomíra Mandíková added.
Organizations may submit their projects until August 31. In September, a committee made up of representatives of Plzeňský Prazdroj and important personalities of Moravia-Silesia region will meet to select those projects that deserve to be sent to public voting. The committee will then redistribute 2.5 million CZK (about $120,000 USD) according to the results of the public voting.
The application form and detailed information about the program are available at www.prazdrojlidem.cz.
144 projects were supported by 24 million CZK (about 1.2 million USD) during the 11 years of the “Prazdroj to People” program’s existence. More than 100 thousand votes decided about the redistribution of the financial aid.
Timeline of the program’s 12th year
- June 1 to August 31 – Applications are accepted.
- Middle of September – Projects are selected for public voting by Committee of Representatives.
- October 1 to 31 – Public voting.
- November – Evaluation of the results of public voting, redistribution of finances according to results, ceremonial awarding of financial aid.
- 2014 – Realization of selected projects.
Notes for editors:
- One of the most modern Czech breweries, Radegast has produced beer since 1970. Radegast brewery is a part of Plzeňský Prazdroj comp. since 1999.
- With its total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectoliters during the calendar year of 2012 (including licensed productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer-brewing companies with 75,000 employees and beer-brewing activities or distribution in more than 75 countries across six continents. SABMiller’s portfolio includes important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
+420 724 617 886
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 3rd of June 2013.