Kiki and Maki Introduce Gambrinus Juicy Citrus to the Market
27 March 2013
Plzeň, March 26, 2013 – The most successful Czech beach volleyball duo Kiki and Maki will take part in advertising the mixed beer drink Gambrinus Flavoured, which is made without additional preservatives or artificial sweeteners. After last year’s success of Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry and Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, a new variety of Gambrinus, Juicy Citrus, is coming to the market.
Gambrinus Juicy Citrus
This is the third flavour variety. “The favourite flavour among consumers is lemon, and citrus is right behind. These do very well, even in our internal surveys,” Miroslav Peichl points out. The drink has a lower level of alcohol. The taste of the popular Gambrinus beer and fruit juice is well-balanced. It will be introduced to the market in cans on March 25.
Commencement of cooperation with Kiki and Maki
In March, Gambrinus Flavoured commenced cooperation with the most successful beach volleyball duo Kristýna Kolocová and Markéta Sluková, better known as Kiki and Maki. “It is a logical fusion. The members of the Czech national beach volleyball team, clearly a summer sport, and Gambrinus Flavoured, a drink made especially for refreshment during the hot summer days, go together. Together with Kiki and Maki, we are starting a project called “A Year with Kiki and Maki.” During this season, their fans will have a chance to follow their training, their preparation, matches, and what they do during their time off the field. Via short video clips, Kiki and Maki will guide fans through all their tournaments and share their experiences,” said Miroslav Peichl. From March 26, a special microsite will be dedicated to the project, and so will some other activities on the Facebook page of Gambrinus Flavoured.
Gambrinus Flavoured does not limit its activities to cooperation with Kiki and Maki. During the summer, it will draw attention at selected festivals and other events using its Mighty Fruity Gang. These are personalities representing some of the flavours. Their goal is to support mixed beer drinks that are preservative-free and do not contain any artificial sweeteners and thus deliver the best refreshment.
A new, attractive design
All varieties of the Gambrinus Flavoured family will be offered in cans with a new, attractive design. “Mixed-drink consumers make their decision based on flavours. To reflect that, we have prepared a new design for all our varieties so they can be easily recognised from the first look,” Miroslav Peichl explained.
A short announcement: Gambrinus Flavoured is expanding its family of low-alcohol-content mixed beer drinks. A novelty is Gambrinus Juicy Citrus, a well-balanced taste of the popular Gambrinus beer and citrus juice. It is the continuation of two popular drinks, Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry and Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, which are sought after especially for their refreshing taste. The drink does not contain any preservatives or artificial sweeteners. The duo of two young beach volleyball players, Kiki and Maki, are supporting the drink as well. The cooperation between Gambrinus and the team was officially announced at a press conference on March 26.
Brand PR Manager
t.: +420 724 617 886
Notes for editors:
- Gambrinus Premium beer was the only Czech beer awarded at The International Brewing Awards 2013, an international tasting competition known among beer brewers as the Brewing Oscars. Forty brew masters from 16 countries evaluated more than 800 beers from all around the world. Gambrinus Premium won the silver medal in the Classic Lager category.
- The wide portfolio of Gambrinus brands consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with a low sugar content.
- Since 2012, Gambrinus added Gambrinus Crisp Lemon and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are typical for lower alcohol content and a refreshing taste.
- Thanks to following the original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer and to using traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the quality trademark “Czech Beer.”
- The history of the Gambrinus brand goes back to 1869. Gambrinus is the beer that won the hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and preservation of original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is member of SABMiller plc. With its total sales of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer-brewing companies, with beer-brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. The SABMiller portfolio includes important international brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 26th March 2013.