Enjoy Snow-Flavoured Gambrinus
20 February 2013
Plzeň, February 19, 2013 – During the weekend of February 23 and 24, Harachov town will host the World Cup in ski-cross. Tomáš Kraus, a Czech skier, is among the hottest favourites to win. Ski-cross fans may see Tomáš not only on the slopes, but they can also meet him at the Gambrinus-Flavoured Party that will begin at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 23. The party MC will be sports commentator Jan Smetana. Entrance to the party is free.
The Gambrinus-Flavoured party will take place near the Ski Center Harachov. The participants may also try to compete on the ski training machine. The best will be rewarded with presents and cans of Gambrinus Sharp Lemon and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry. “We are very pleased that Gambrinus is a partner of such a significant event. We would like to introduce our mixed Gambrinus beer beverages via attractive ways during the party. There will be no shortage of fun and excitement. One of the reasons is that the event will take place on the snow,” Miroslav Peichl, Gambrinus brand manager said.
The results of the qualification rounds will be announced at the party at exactly 7:00 p.m. The competitors will also receive their numbers for Sunday finals. Besides Tomáš Kraus, who ranks number three in the World Championship evaluation, the fans may look forward to meet other world renowned ski-cross champions at the Gambrinus-Flavoured party. Swiss skier Alex Fiva, this year's leading competitor, should be present as well.
Then, the Gambrinus-Flavoured party will take fully off. The guests may look forward to the music of FunkSoul Brother. There will be the popular “smilebox” – a digital photo-booth to obtain self-portraits. The participants may use it to capture memories with their friends or with the members of the Mighty Fruit Gang. Time permitting, the guests may be able to take pictures with the competitors as well. Various levels of preparation of individual participants of the World Cup will play its role in their availability as well. The party should last until 10:00 p.m.
The fans will have a chance to run into the Mighty Fruit Gang, composed of Bazz Inka, Limental, and Don Citron, during the whole weekend. The Gang fights for the real fruit taste without preservatives and artificial sweeteners. Doing so, they advertise mixed beer drinks made from Gambrinus beer and fruit juices typical for their lower alcohol content.
Brand PR manažer
Phone: +420 724 617 886
Notes for editors:
- Gambrinus Premium beer was the only Czech beer awarded at the international tasting competition The International Brewing Awards 2013 – among the beer brewing palls known as The Brewing Oscar. 40 brew-masters from 16 countries evaluated more than 800 beers from all around the world. Gambrinus Premium won silver medal in the Classic Lager category.
- The wide portfolio of Gambrinus brand consists of Gambrinus Original 10°, Gambrinus 11° Excellent, Gambrinus Premium light lager, and Gambrinus Dry with low content of sugar.Since 2012, Gambrinus added Gambrinus Crisp Lemon, and Gambrinus Lime & Elderberry products to its portfolio. These are mixed beer drinks. They are typical for lower alcohol content and refreshing taste.
- Thanks to following the original brewing recipes typical for Czech beer, and also thanks to the use of traditional Czech beer brewing materials, Gambrinus is entitled to use the quality trademark “Czech Beer.”
- History of Gambrinus brand goes way back to 1869. Gambrinus is beer that won the hearts and minds of its consumers thanks to its high quality and preserving of original brewing procedures.
- Gambrinus is part of the Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. portfolio. PP is member of SABMiller plc. With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 19th February 2013.