Radegast is Baník's new sponsor (Translation)
16 October 2012
October 12, 2012, Nošovice – Radegast has become a new partner of the soccer club Baník Ostrava. They would like to support the club’s ambition to return to the company of successful Czech and European soccer teams. The contract between the club and Radegast is a two-year contract. The collaboration will bring not only important financial support to this well-established club, but also interesting long-term projects for the club fans. The first concrete project is the establishment of the partnership between Radegast and the club as part of the celebration of the 90th anniversary of Baník Soccer Club. The event is one of the region’s major events.
Radegast Manager Karel Kraus talks about the main reasons behind the partnership: “Baník is the symbol of Northern Moravia. It has fans across the entire region and it represents it beyond its borders. The same goes for Radegast. The partnering of the two well-established Moravian entities is logical, and I am very pleased that we were able to reach a mutually agreeable agreement. We have a lot of faith in the club and that is why we have decided to sign a two-year contract.”
FC Baník Ostrava Chairman of the Board Petr Šafarčík is pleased with the new partner: “Radegast is an important regional brand and its support and trust is very important to Baník. I especially look forward to our combined projects and events for our fans.”
The first concrete result of the mentioned partnership is the Radegast’s participation in the celebration of 90 years of Baník that will take place this Saturday at Bazaly Stadium.
Notes for editors:
- One of the most modern Czech breweries, Radegast has produced beer since 1970.
- Radegast brewery has been a part of Plzeňský Prazdroj comp. since 1999.
- With its total sale of nearly 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Phone: +420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [12/10/2012].