Prazdroj and Interspar are Introducing a New Concept of Shopping in 'The World of Beer"
30 August 2012
Praha, August 29 – Plzeňský Prazdroj and Interspar companies are introducing a new concept in the presentation and sale of beer. Specially fitted beer sale areas are being introduced in INTERSPAR hypermarkets in Praha-Štěrbohole and in Mladá Boleslav on Jičínská Street. During the next three months, Prazdroj and Interspar plan to introduce the new concept in two other Interspar stores. In 2013, the newly redesigned beer sale areas will be installed in Interspar markets around the Czech Republic. The new concept offers a comfortable and sophisticated way of beer shopping, simple navigation, and general information about beer, especially Czech Beer *.
The importance of packaged beer sales is rising. About 55% of total beer production is sold on the beer market. The goal of the project is to introduce a new standard of beer shopping that will offer easier navigation through the beer selection process, and information about beer, its varieties, the exceptionality and typical characteristics of Czech Beer, and facts about the geographical trademark Czech Beer.
”We know that our consumers like beer and consider it a Czech national beverage. We are trying to offer them the best beer experience, and therefore we present the portfolio of our brands available for sale in stores in a unique way and in the right place. The new concept will create an inspiring environment in the beer section, and simply the navigation and selection process of beer shopping. I am convinced that the World of Beer will offer a pleasant shopping experience and improve beer culture of the packaged beer segment.” Said Doug Brodman, General Manager of Plzeňský Prazdroj.
Redesigning beer sections into the World of Beer is part of a general reconstruction of all individual stores that will offer consumers much improved services.
“We have created The World of Beer with Prazdroj Company because we are constantly working on improving our customers’ services. About ten thousand shoppers visit one of our stores every month. We hope that most of them will come to the World of Beer during their shopping. The best thank you for our efforts will be to see that it has become a pleasant place offering a comfortable shopping experience,” said Martin Ditmar, General Manager of SPAR ČOS llc.
Shopper Marketing Team conducted the preparation of the World of Beer project internally. Plzeňský Prazdroj and Interspar cooperated on the preparation with established agencies.
* Beers aspiring to use the mark Czech Beer must fulfil the preset criteria:
- a place of origination within the geographic territory (Czech Republic)
- Czech Republic must be the place of origin as well as the source of the main ingredients (hops, malt, water)
- the used technology for the production of Czech Beer
- qualitative characteristics of the finished beer such as wort extract, alcohol content, colouring, bitterness, pH level, level of fermentation
- more at www.prazdroj.cz/cp
Notes for editors – Plzeňský Prazdroj
- With total sales of nearly 9.9 million of hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licensed production abroad) and with exports to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world’s biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller portfolio includes important international Brands such as Grolsch, Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and Pilsner Urquell, as well as almost 200 successful regional and national brands.
Notes for editors – Interspar
Czech resale company SPAR llc. is a part of SPAR Austria group. Its gross profit in 2010 totalled 498 million EURO. SPAR operates 41 markets in Czech Republic (33 INTERSPAR hypermarkets, 6 SPAR supermarkets, and 2 SPAR City stores) employing more than 4500 employees. SPAR ČOS is also the operator of modern, high occupancy Interspar Restaurants, Tutto Bene cafes, and Cafe Cappuccino To Go fast food restaurants. More at www.interspar.cz
Since September 2002, SPAR ČOS has been a member of the Market and Tourism Association of the Czech Republic. Since December 2011, the company’s general manger Martin Ditmar has been the vice-president of SOCR of the Czech Republic.
In cooperation with the civic association Health-Life, SPAR ČOS created the project “Give blood in the right time” in hopes of increasing the number of voluntary blood donors. More at www.darujikrev.cz
P: +420 724 617 219
Media contact of SPAR ČOS:
Crest Communications a.s.
Ostrovní 30, 110 00 Praha 1
Kateřina Goroškov Řeháková, Šárka Brožová
P: +420-222 927 111, gsm.: +420-731 613 603
F: +420-234 648 666
E: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on 29th August 2012.