On The Day Of Kozel, Velké Popovice Master Brewers Will Introduce The New Limited Edition of Honey Kozel Beer (Translation)
1 June 2012
/Praha, May 31, 2012/ This year, the traditional beer celebration of Velké Popovice brewery will surprise its guests with a unique batch of beer. To mark the 20th anniversary of The Day of Kozel, on Saturday, June 16, Popovice master brewers have prepared a limited edition of Honey Kozel beer.
The beer novelty, not available for regular distribution, awaits the visitors of The Day of Kozel every year. Same as always, this year too, the limited edition brewed especially to celebrate The Day of Kozel will be one of the major attractions of the beer festivities. Velkopopovický Kozel will combine its traditional taste with the smooth and refreshing flavor of honey. "It took us some time to pick the right reward for the visitors of The Day of Kozel this year. Finally, we have decided on and brewed Honey Kozel. It is a lager with a well-balanced taste and a smooth aroma of honey extract. It is the reward to our visitors not only for paying us the visit in Popovice, but especially for their good work for the past year. I am certain that all who will taste this beer will praise our work by saying: ‘Those who know, they really do'," Jiří Bernat, Velké Popovice Kozel Master Brewer said, introducing this year's special.
Because of its refreshing nature and light taste, the Velkopopovický Honey Kozel is an ideal beverage for warm summer days. Every year, in the middle of June, Velké Popovice town regularly comes to life thanks to the popular beer celebration called The Day of Kozel. This year, it is for the 20th time in a row already. On Saturday, June 16, the Velké Popovice brewery and all around it will transform into one fun and entertaining event. Next to the honey edition and four other varieties of Velkopopovický Kozel, the visitors will have a chance to enjoy blacksmith and barbeque shows. The bands Hamlets, Walda Gang, and Žlutý Pes (Yellow Dog) will play.
And now, good news for all those who will not be able to make it to Popovice this year: You will have a chance to have a taste of Honey Kozel outside of brewery's gates as well. The limited edition beer will be on tap in Kozlovna Pubs and in about 300 carefully selected restaurants and pubs with Kozel logos for about one month or until the supplies last.
For more information:
Vladimír Jurina, PR Brand Manager,
Adéla Chvalovská, AMI Communications,
p.: +420 601 381 819,
Notes for editors:
- In Velké Popovice brewery, the first batch of beer was brewed on December 15, 1874, and just one year later, 18,000 hl of beer were brewed there and sold. Only a few years later, the brewery became the third biggest brewery in the country. They were famous especially for their dark, heavy beer.
- Velkopopovický Kozel brand is irreplaceable on today's beer market. It is a brand with the most dynamic rise on Czech as well as foreign markets. Velkopopovický Kozel Dark is the leader among dark beer brands on Czech beer market, and the best-selling Czech beer abroad.
- Velké Popovice brewery has been a part of Plzeňský Prazdroj Company since 1999.
- With its total sale of 9.9 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2011 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the preeminent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller is one of the world's biggest beer brewing companies with beer production and distribution activities in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller's brand portfolio includes such important brands as Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft, Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and many other successful regional brands.
- You can find more info about the most recent activities and projects supported by Velkopopovický Kozel brand at www.kozel.cz.
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [31/05/2012].