Beer Brewing Museum Invites Visitors To A Special Easter Program (Translation)
10 April 2012
Plzeň, April 5, 2012 - This spring, Beer Brewing Museum and Pilsen Historic Underground are preparing for their visitors a whole series of special tours. The special Easter-themed programme in Beer Brewing Museum can not be overlooked. It will take place from Saturday, April 7 to Monday, April 9, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
"I am sure that the Museum's and Historic Underground's Easter programs will be much appreciated. It is the ideal chance to spend a family weekend or Easter Monday in a pleasant and fun atmosphere. And that applies even to people who already saw the tours. This time, the visit will be enriched by Easter motifs that might be sought by the visitor during their visit. The visitors will have a chance to remember traditional Easter customs not only in the form of texts; they will have an opportunity to throw eggs into a sack, or to recognize spring plants," Tomáš Raboch of Plzeňsky Prazdroj described the festivities.
The visitors may look forward to non-traditional tours at Beer Brewing Museum and Pilsen Historic Underground also during the following spring months. Next to Easter tours, the Pilsen Historic Underground's Museum trail runs a special tour inspired by the art of alchemy from April 1 to May 31, 2012. Both trails then also organize the very popular Night at the Museum.
Discounted student fee is 40,- CZK per person for all tours with programmes (teachers accompanying the groups are free). You can find more information about all visitor tours at http://www.prazdrojvisit.cz/cz/pivovarske-muzeum/ and www.plzenskepodzemi.cz.
Notes for editors:
- Plzeňský Prazdroj activities for Pilsen visitors include Visitor Centrum, visitor tours Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus, Beer Brewing Museum, and Pilsen Historic Underground located downtown Pilsen.
- You can find the inspiration to visit the brewery at www.prazdrojvisit.cz dedicated to visitor tours provided to visitors by the brewery.
- Tourists may enjoy the tours in Czech, English, German, and also French, Chinese, and Russian.
- The cultural and convention center Secese available for cultural, social, educational, and other events is also part of the offer.
- Beer Brewing Museum in Pilsen is located in the originally preserved house with rights to brew beer on Veleslavínova Street. The museum opened in 1959 to mark the occasion of the 100th anniversary of registration of the "Pilsen Beer" trademark.
- The 800 yard-long tour of Pilsen Historic Underground is accessible from Beer Brewing Museum. The labyrinth of corridors, cellars, and wells was built under the town of Pilsen in the 14th century, and it is an inseparable part of the town's history and present.
- In 2011, more than 252.210 visitors from all around the world visited the brewery, Beer Brewing Museum, and Pilsen Historic Underground. The Pilsen Urquell brewery itself is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Czech Republic.
- Department of Tourism and Preservation of Cultural Heritage of Plzeňský Prazdroj Company operates also visitor tours, tourism, and the sale of souvenirs in Velké Popovice and Radegast breweries. In 2011, attractions operated by Plzeňský Prazdroj were visited by nearly 300,000 visitors.
+420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [05/04/2012].