Radegast will introduce practical 1.5 litre plastic bottle (Translation)
31 August 2011
Nošovice, August 29, 2011 - The best-selling Moravian beer will be available in new packaging from August 30. Among beer lovers, more and more preferred plastic bottles will be added to traditional glass bottles and cans. A new 1.5 litre bottle of light draft beer Radegast Original will find its use especially during nature trips. Here, they prove their unique quality by their ability to better preserve the beer temperature and their resistance against breaking.
Radegast is introducing plastic bottles at the time of rising popularity of this type of packaging on the market. "The message from consumers is clear. Plastic bottles for their beers are a must. To us, the most important thing is to offer the great taste of our beer to the widest spectrum of consumers, and the plastic bottle will help us to do so," said Ivo Kaňák, manager of Radegast brewery, explaining the main motive behind the move.
The consumers will appreciate the new 1.5 litre packaging especially outdoors. Thanks to its resilient design, it easily withstands the impact of a stone, or falling from a backpack to the ground. Its other advantages are the possibility of gradual enjoyment of beer and the possibility to tightly close the bottle after each sip.
The shape and the design of the new bottle were created specifically for Radegast, and it even displays the face of this heathen god himself. Much attention has been paid to practical aspects of the design such as its ergonomic shape supporting easy manipulation, and its height and width designed for optimal storage capability.
Distribution of Radegast beer in plastic bottles will start on August 30. In just a few days it will be available in most of the stores where people normally buy their Radegast beer.
Notes for editors:
- Beer brewery Radegast, one of the most modern beer breweries in Czech Republic, has produced beer since 1970.
- Brewery Radegast has been a member of the biggest Czech beer brewing group, Plzeňský Prazdroj, Inc., since 1999.
- It produces more than 2 millions of hectolitres of beer a year, and employs about 250 employees.
- The brewery produces "classic Czech lager" beer type, and it is also a maker of high quality malt, which is produced in its own on-site malthouse.
- In 2008, the brewery produced its 10 billionth beer.
- With its total sale of nearly 10 million hectolitres during the calendar year of 2010 (including licenced productions abroad) and with its export to more than 50 countries worldwide, Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is the prominent beer producer in the region and the biggest exporter of the Czech beer.
- Plzeňský Prazdroj Inc. is a member of SABMiller plc. group. Pilsner Urquell is the international flagship brand of the SABMiller brand portfolio.
- SABMiller plc. is one of the world's biggest beer brewing companies with beer brewing activities or distribution in more than 60 countries across six continents. SABMiller's brand group includes such important brands as Pilsner Urquell, Miller Genuine Draft, Grolsch, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, and many other successful regional brands.
Phone: +420 724 617 219
This SABMiller subsidiary news release has been translated from its local market language to English language for publication on www.sabmiller.com. We have attempted to provide an accurate translation of the original material but due to the difficulties of translation slight differences may exist.
Note, the news release was first published in its local market on [29/08/2011].